Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Instagrammer blocked me
Previous  1  2  3

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:20 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
This is what is required for an OCD diagnosis - obsessions, as defined below, and/or compulsions as defined below.

Generally speaking - wanting things to be 'just so' with a smile on your face wouldn't meet the criteria.

A. Presence of obsessions, compulsions, or both:

Obsessions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and unwanted, and that in most individuals cause marked anxiety or distress.

2.The individual attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, urges, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action (I.e., by performing a compulsion).

Compulsions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Repetitive behaviors (e.g., hand washing, ordering, checking) or mental acts (e.g., praying, counting, repeating words silently) that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.

2.The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing anxiety or distress, or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent, or are clearly excessive.

Thanks for this! If you have a DSM handy, it actually outlines the amount of instances or time of pervasive thoughts (obsessions) per day. It is very specific.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media