Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
How many people in different size sukkahs?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 5:45 pm
How many people do you think can be comfortably seated in 12 ft X 12 ft sukkah? What about 12 x 16? Thanks.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:44 am
says one things here and another thing here

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:50 am
yo'ma wrote:
says one things here and another thing here

Thanks. I have seen those, but I don't trust them. We have an 8 x 8 sukkah and it is very cramped. I don't think it seats 6 or 7 people comfortably, especially with fidgety children. I'd like to be able to comfortably seat 12 people. And by "comfortably," I mean that one person leaving to use the restroom shouldn't require everyone else to get up or squeeze way into the table.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I have seen those, but I don't trust them. We have an 8 x 8 sukkah and it is very cramped. I don't think it seats 6 or 7 people comfortably, especially with fidgety children. I'd like to be able to comfortably seat 12 people. And by "comfortably," I mean that one person leaving to use the restroom shouldn't require everyone else to get up or squeeze way into the table.

Then go with the 12x16 for sure.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:56 am
I would think 8-10 people would fit into a 12 x12 sukkah with one 3 ft wide table & 8 ft long. No room to pass though, while everyone is seated, if you seat 10 people at table, at once.
You need to account for at least 2 ft per person

groovy1224

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

8x8 is a hard size because if your table is 6 feet that only gives you 1 foot of clearance on either end, so you can't put anyone on the end, which means you have 3 people to a side to fit 6 people.

I always prefer a roomy sukkah, I like for there to be space to keep an extra table against the wall so we have somewhere to set things down, so I'd say if you can, go with the 12x16, which is a very nice size.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:05 am
my sukka is 7 ×10 we seat 6

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:05 am
We have an 11x16 sukkah that we set up with 2 tables in a "T." At the head 6' table, we put one person on each end and 2-3 across the width. We then attach an 8-foot table to it, which can seat for along each side, and one at the end. This arrangement can seat 12 comfortably. On occasion we've gone with a "U" shape for extra guests, with an 8' table coming off each end of the head table. This allows us to seat several more guests, but it can get a little more crowded. For 12, I'd definitely go with 12x16.

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:19 am
If you have the room, go for the bigger one

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:21 am
Thanks everyone, I went ahead and ordered 12 x 16.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics