Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nice mehadrin hotels in Yerushalayim
1  2  Next

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:11 am
My parents want to stay at a top (5 start) hotel. What are the nicest mehadrin hotels in the city?

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:34 am
Additionally, can we stay at one hotel and eat out meals somewhere else?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:02 am
I think the Ramada may be one of the nicer mehadrin hotels, but I wouldn't say it's 5-star. Ditto the KIngs.

The top hotels that I can think of (Mamilla, King David, David's Citadel, Waldorff) all have a Rabbinut hecsher, AFAIK.

If they are not staying over Shabbat, it may be wrth it to stay at a non-mehadrin hotel. At any kosher hotel, they may be able to find enough mehadrin items at breakfast to make it worthwhile to stay there. Dinner they can always eat out. Are thy planning on eating in their hotel each evening? That can get a little boring, IMO.

ETA: Maybe the Inbal?

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:29 am
We would be staying over Shobbas

mochamix18

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:38 am
stillgrowing wrote:
We would be staying over Shobbas
in that case the hotels suggested by Dr Mom are some of the more popular. Alternatively there is the Litov Boutique Hotel on Haniviim Street which also has a an upscale dairy restaurant. It’s Rav Ruben hechsher last I checked. It’s right on the edge of Geula/Meah Shearim and central so you can walk to many shuls, old city, Kosel....

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:02 am
Worth checking about the Waldorf. Very very chareidi people are always staying there.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:07 am
essie14 wrote:
Worth checking about the Waldorf. Very very chareidi people are always staying there.

I was thinking that as well (rather a lot of American Yeshivish types) but have been told numerous times the teuda is Rabbanut.

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:39 am
We checked out the Waldorf. I even spoke to someone at the rabanut who spoke highly of the kashrut. However, it's not mehadrin.

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:41 am
Is there a way to stay there and eat meals somewhere else?

momi

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:10 am
The Waldorf hotel was frequented by many Chareidi families in the past. It’s unfortunate that their kashrut supervision has been downgraded. Haveviim boutique has recently opened a mehadrin hotel. Alternatively, you can stay at the Waldorf and have your meals at Haneviim.

momi

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:15 am
mochamix18 wrote:
I was thinking that as well (rather a lot of American Yeshivish types) but have been told numerous times the teuda is Rabbanut.

In the words of Rabbi Orlofsky “ Everybody does what everybody does because that’s what everybody does ....” :-). Never rely on the crowd, they may just be relying on you.

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:31 am
Where's haveviim?

mochamix18

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:46 am
[quote="stillgrowing"]Is there a way to stay there and eat meals somewhere else
It’s right by Mamilla but that doesn’t help you for shabbos. Alternatively you could get a nice apt rental at Lev Yerushalayim on king George, get take out from Maadenai Geula or Hadar Geula and be central to everything

mochamix18

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:47 am
momi wrote:
In the words of Rabbi Orlofsky “ Everybody does what everybody does because that’s what everybody does ....” :-). Never rely on the crowd, they may just be relying on you.

Very very true

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:29 am
The Waldorf was amazing. Now sure about Hashgacha now tho.

Of course you can eat out. But you’ll be paying for food in both places

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:35 am
Are there restaurants where you can prepay for Shobbas meals? (I know in ny they do this) Or a nearby hotel? Close to the Waldorf

mochamix18

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:18 pm
stillgrowing wrote:
Are there restaurants where you can prepay for Shobbas meals? (I know in ny they do this) Or a nearby hotel? Close to the Waldorf

Restaurants don’t do that in Yerushalayim. If you walk all the way down the hill to King George you can eat at the Prima Kings Hotel (one of the original suggested Mehadrin hotels). You can also speak to the mashgiach and he will tell you which food offerings are Mehadrin or higher. Even in Rabbanut hotels it’s usually more than you realize. Also many hotels have prepackaged bedazt hechshered meals upon request. Bare in mind this is like airplane food

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
The Waldorf was amazing. Now sure about Hashgacha now tho.

Of course you can eat out. But you’ll be paying for food in both places

You don't HAVE to pay for Shabbat meals at the hotel where you are staying, and you can probably find acceptable things to eat for daily breakfast.

Although you can reserve meals at a hotel other than the one where you are staying, they charge a lot for this.

If the Inbal is acceptable, that may be your best bet. It is a very good hotel.

dilego

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:13 pm
Ths litov hotels have a eida chareidis hecsher now new they r nice

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:00 pm
If you are not staying at the same hotel, Shabbat meals are VERY expensive.
You can get takeout and eat in your room.
As someone said above, you can speak to the mashgiach when you get there and he will tell you what food items are mehadrin. At breakfast it will probably be most of the food.
The meat meals on Shabbat may not have as much but I'm sure you can eat enough, although you will have to decide if that is cost effective for you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions