Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Keeper of the lost city- book series

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:31 am
Does anyone know if this series is appropriate? Are all the books “kosher”.
TIA

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:51 am
I read the first two along with my kids and thought they were totally fine. I don't mind small hints of romance, though, so I wasn't mindful of that. My kids--12 and 15--have read all of them, love them, and are eagerly awaiting Book 8.

If anybody who sees this has any recommendations for similar books my kids might like, please post them. As they get older it is definitely harder to find appropriate books at a high school reading level.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:54 am
The series is incomplete, so that is a risk.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:20 am
[quote="amother [ Bronze ]"]I read the first two along with my kids and thought they were totally fine. I don't mind small hints of romance, though, so I wasn't mindful of that. My kids--12 and 15--have read all of them, love them, and are eagerly awaiting Book 8.

Can yuh ask them about book 7? I heard there’s more romance in that. Just want to make sure it’s nothing major.
My son just started h.I.v.e series. Probably a bit lower level though than this.

unexpected

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:25 am
I read book 7, and there is more romance in that (goodness I can't believe I forgot their names) the two characters finally become a couple and there is a lot of hand holding and some kissing. I let my teenage boys read it because my criteria is really that the romance has to come with a lot of physical description for it to be bad. (ie. if she feels her skin tingle when they touch or her heart thumps rapidly etc - something that will make the reader feel along with the character. I didn't see any of that in this book) Another book series that my kids loved was the trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen - I forget what it's called - maybe the shadow king?

jf

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:40 am
My kids have read Jennifer Neilson's books--she's written several series--and like them all.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:15 pm
My son is on book 2. Book one was on my 7th grade sons yeshivish school reading list.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:12 pm
My sixth grade, chassidish daughter is in middle of the series and she loves it.

erm

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:40 pm
My 10th grader is counting down to November 5.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics