Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Reliable car service Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:16 am
What are names and numbers of good car services in boro park? (Will be around 13th ave and 55th st if it makes a difference)

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:27 am
You could try the Jewish ones.
EZ 718-888-5555
Tic Toc 718-600-6666
Bp- 718-271-2345

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:50 am
A lot cheaper and more pleasant to use Uber or Juno.

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:56 am
Actually Uber is not cheap at all, unless one is doing pool or has a special discount.... and in regards to pleasantness, as many times as I've used the Jewish ones, my experience was an absolute pleasure...

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:56 am
member wrote:
Actually Uber is not cheap at all, unless one is doing pool or has a special discount.... and in regards to pleasantness, as many times as I've used the Jewish ones, my experience was an absolute pleasure...

ETA- same goes for Juno- depends on promo code

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:22 pm
I haven’t used local car services for a few years (since Uber became popular). Maybe things are better now.

The heimishe drivers are nice, but expensive. And they didn’t used to have TLC plates, so if you go with kids who need car seats it can be a problem. I also live in a busy area, and it was annoying to try to figure out which car is the car service and which one is just a guy waiting for his wife or someone else.

In general if you use a car service that doesn’t have an app you need to be ready and waiting outside 2 minutes after you call. But it can easily take 10 minutes (or more) due to crazy BP traffic. So you’re stuck waiting outside. Sometimes in bad weather...and if you’re not outside they get upset or even leave.

There are other local car services that I used a lot years ago. Munkacks, Tovar, Golden Express. I believe they are Jewish, but not heimish. They usually had cars available. But driving in BP is stressful. Often drivers would get upset at other drivers. I would hear them curse... it just wasn’t pleasant.

With Uber/Juno they knew they are getting rated. The drivers are ultra polite. Sometimes offer water bottles, phone chargers, and always looking to please you.

Regarding price I can only speak for myself. Local calls in BP used to be a minimum of $7, then became $8. I usually get promos for the apps - no idea why. Between Uber/Lyft/Juno I would say that I have a discount at least 75% of the time. I pay around $4-$5 for a local ride - and that’s not for the pool option. (FYI Juno doesn’t have a pool option and is often the cheapest). I like that I don’t need to have cash, and don’t need to hope that the driver has the correct change amount.

For long distance rides I don’t know whose cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:51 pm
Thank you all.
I prefer not to use Uber / Lyft / Juno

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I haven’t used local car services for a few years (since Uber became popular). Maybe things are better now.

The heimishe drivers are nice, but expensive. And they didn’t used to have TLC plates, so if you go with kids who need car seats it can be a problem. I also live in a busy area, and it was annoying to try to figure out which car is the car service and which one is just a guy waiting for his wife or someone else.

In general if you use a car service that doesn’t have an app you need to be ready and waiting outside 2 minutes after you call. But it can easily take 10 minutes (or more) due to crazy BP traffic. So you’re stuck waiting outside. Sometimes in bad weather...and if you’re not outside they get upset or even leave.

There are other local car services that I used a lot years ago. Munkacks, Tovar, Golden Express. I believe they are Jewish, but not heimish. They usually had cars available. But driving in BP is stressful. Often drivers would get upset at other drivers. I would hear them curse... it just wasn’t pleasant.

With Uber/Juno they knew they are getting rated. The drivers are ultra polite. Sometimes offer water bottles, phone chargers, and always looking to please you.

Regarding price I can only speak for myself. Local calls in BP used to be a minimum of $7, then became $8. I usually get promos for the apps - no idea why. Between Uber/Lyft/Juno I would say that I have a discount at least 75% of the time. I pay around $4-$5 for a local ride - and that’s not for the pool option. (FYI Juno doesn’t have a pool option and is often the cheapest). I like that I don’t need to have cash, and don’t need to hope that the driver has the correct change amount.

For long distance rides I don’t know whose cheaper.

I also used to have discounts on Uber until recently. A local trip on Uber was priced more expensive than even the Jewish car service... and sorry if I came across harsh in a previous post. Didn't mean to. I actually once took a Jewish car service to manhattan for a drs appointment. The driver was extremely nice. As soon as we got into the car, he said something like- oh if ur traveling to manhattan u probably need to charge ur phones and right away offered chargers..they're all nice in their own way..I also feel more comfortable asking a Jewish driver to slow down than a non Jew- just my craziness

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 7:25 pm
member wrote:
You could try the Jewish ones.
EZ 718-888-5555
Tic Toc 718-600-6666
Bp- 718-271-2345

Are these the most reliable and reasonable of the Boro Park car services?

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:40 pm
I've always found the Jewish ones to be reliable. As far as pricing goes, the Russians may be a dollar cheaper than the Jewish ones for a local trip

OIF SIMCHAS

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 1:03 pm
Fast express 917-225-4578 specializes in long distance and airports
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries