Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New boys school toms river
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:40 pm
Do any of you have younger boys?
5-6 -7 yr olds.?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:42 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Do any of you have younger boys?
5-6-7 yr olds.?

All these age boys they had from last year all left.. hope they have enough boys..

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
All these age boys they had from last year all left.. hope they have enough boys..

I do. Where did the boys go

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:00 am
Just found out from a parent in the chieder as in not from the chieder themselves even that they are not having my son's age class, good luck to the parents sending here Can't Believe It

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:06 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Just found out from a parent in the chieder as in not from the chieder themselves even that they are not having my son's age class, good luck to the parents sending here Can't Believe It

Just spoke with the menahel they are having alef, beis and gimmel too. Some ages may be combined.

Between all chaos it was hard to put together a final list. Tomorrow they will see and have an exact count based on who is physically showing up.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 12:07 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

Please do yourself a favor and speak with the menahel. He's the only one that truly knows and in charge.
Don't rely on anything parents say.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:05 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Just spoke with the menahel they are having alef, beis and gimmel too. Some ages may be combined.

Between all chaos it was hard to put together a final list. Tomorrow they will see and have an exact count based on who is physically showing up.

Apparently person was right and there is no kitah gimmel

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:12 pm
Yup.
My son should've been in gimmel. But they want him in daled.
He's not even 7 yet and my husband bought him a mishnayos..
How many boys this age are there?
Whats everyone doing?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:13 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Yup.
My son should've been in gimmel. But they want him in daled.
He's not even 7 yet and my husband bought him a mishnayos..
How many boys this age are there?
Whats everyone doing?

Same, my son isn't 7 yet

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:14 pm
I was also told that there was no Bais,
they're combining it with Aleph.
So I cant even put my son down..

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:16 pm
Hopefully when the okder boys learn mishnayos the younger boys could have playtime or do something else?
We should request that..

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Hopefully when the okder boys learn mishnayos the younger boys could have playtime or do something else?
We should request that..

You really believe that they will teach your son things that aren't age appropriate?
It seems like you would benefit greatly from speaking directly with Rabbi Klein instead of posting to a bunch of anonymous amothers.
His number was on the note they sent home with the kids.
I was told that as soon as it's reasonable to split they will. They have the money to hire more melamdim if necessary, it's just a matter of having enough kids for the class to feel like a class. He told my husband they are together for the common stuff but will be separated for learning.
Do your own research and ask your own questions. They welcome it.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:28 pm
Hah.
Thank you.
My husb. is convinced that my son is bright and he can skip a grade..
Even if he didnt learn to read rashi letters yet..

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:30 pm
I was also pleasantly surprised with how they greeted the boys this morn.!
Looks like they will have a great year. Bh.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I was also pleasantly surprised with how they greeted the boys this morn.!
Looks like they will have a great year. Bh.

Yes I've never met R' Klein before. I was super impressed. He had that gentle joyful presence and welcomed the kids with such simcha. It was beautiful to watch.
Listen, every new cheder will struggle until they're firmly established.
B"h it seems that financials won't be a big issue this year. And the staff looks competent and caring.
Class size may be an issue. But if you have the right attitude and pass that on to your kids it'll all be ok. My boys are so thrilled that the classes are small. Vav, zayin and ches was put together till after sukkos. My son was disappointed. He wanted a small class. It's all how you put it down to them.
From what I hear, some big popular name chedarim in Lakewood all struggled in the first few years. Changed names, were at risk of closing down etc... And now they are bursting at their seams.
Iy"h this cheder will too.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:42 pm
Which Rabbi Klein is it? Which yeshiva did he come from? Is it in Tom's River or in Lakewood?

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:42 pm
Who is Rabbi Klein? What’s his first name and where was he before this new cheider?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 8:51 pm
cnc wrote:
Who is Rabbi Klein? What’s his first name and where was he before this new cheider?

Klausenberg boys camp in the summer and during school year a cheder in flatbush that closed

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:55 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I was also told that there was no Bais,
they're combining it with Aleph.
So I cant even put my son down..

Lemon amother just heard today that they are hiring another melamed for gimmel (maybe combined with daled not sure. But they won't be with hei for too much longer.)
Buses and lunches will be arranged shortly. (I'm kinda feeling like supermom preparing lunch for my kids every day LOL .)
2 new families are moving to town shortly with a few boys each so that will up the count (I don't know the ages).
Slowly slowly things will fall into place.
We gotta stick through this, be positive and direct any feedback you may have to the ones in charge.
That's the benefit of a startup cheder. They really want to hear your opinion and please you.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:26 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Lemon amother just heard today that they are hiring another melamed for gimmel (maybe combined with daled not sure. But they won't be with hei for too much longer.)
Buses and lunches will be arranged shortly. (I'm kinda feeling like supermom preparing lunch for my kids every day LOL .)
2 new families are moving to town shortly with a few boys each so that will up the count (I don't know the ages).
Slowly slowly things will fall into place.
We gotta stick this through, be positive and direct any feedback you may have to the ones in charge.
That's the benefit of a startup cheder. They really want to hear your opinion and please you.

Thanks.
I appreciate the new info.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics