Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Attn Yeshiva of Flatbush Parents

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:47 am
In case you haven't seen this, or your school hasn't made you aware. This very very bad person was at Yeshiva of Flatbush until 2018.

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne.....RjIQk

https://www.jta.org/2019/09/16.....raphy

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:05 pm
OP, please add in the heading the Riverdale school SAR to alert those parents as well. The person was there over a year.

cnc

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
OP, please add in the heading the Riverdale school SAR to alert those parents as well. The person was there over a year.

SAR sent out an email to all parents.
They will be discussing it with their students as well.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:12 pm
cnc wrote:
SAR sent out an email to all parents.
They will be discussing it with their students as well.

If the family isn’t a current family then I would assume they didn’t get the email.

I also think it’s essential to investigate the circumstances of this person leaving Yeshiva of Flatbush to identify if there were any cover-ups. People in power owe it to the children.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:43 pm
I graduated from SAR more that 30 years ago. I, along with my parents and sibling, have gotten multiple emails and snail mails about it. The school has been awesome about making their findings known, seeking victims to gather evidence/testify and offering support to all.
I have nothing but respect for the way SAR has been handling this horrific situation.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:04 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I graduated from SAR more that 30 years ago. I, along with my parents and sibling, have gotten multiple emails and snail mails about it. The school has been awesome about making their findings known, seeking victims to gather evidence/testify and offering support to all.
I have nothing but respect for the way SAR has been handling this horrific situation.

Thank you for posting. I was incorrect in my assumption.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:10 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Thank you for posting. I was incorrect in my assumption.

I wasn't trying to hide anything about SAR. They have contacted all current students and all 9th graders who were there last year. (He was only there a little over a year.) I just wasn't sure what Flatbush has done, and wanted to alert anyone who might need to speak to her kids.

We should also daven for any children affected by this rasha. Of course.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

I think that you may be conflating another situation with SAR, involving a male teacher from many years ago who admitted to abusing children, and another colleague who was implicated in the situation.

This rasha was arrested on Saturday, and fired on Sunday or Monday. No snail mail as of yet, just email.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think that you may be conflating another situation with SAR, involving a male teacher from many years ago who admitted to abusing children, and another colleague who was implicated in the situation.

This rasha was arrested on Saturday, and fired on Sunday or Monday. No snail mail as of yet, just email.

You are correct.
I spoke erroneously. I apologize.
I am have no doubt that they will reach out to whoever they need to in a timely fashion.
I did not recognize the name or read the bulk of the article, which I should have done before responding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics