Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ali Express Brand Name Labels

SesameSeeds

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 7:57 pm
I was just wondering, ali sells items that are identical to the brand name with original tags and same model pictures as original. Are they imitation or are they selling items that they manufactured for these companies?

Anybody ever compared? I'm so curious...

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:09 am
Bump

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:54 am
I guess we will have to keep wondering both of us! Confused

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:21 am
my friend has a company with china...I am pretty certain I understood that ali sells the stuff they manufacture for those companies...

cnc

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:29 am
I believe that some stuff are the originals. I have compared them.

Some of the Bobo stuff are imitations because the logo is a bit different etc.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:43 am
A few years ago, I tried getting a baby wearing coat from them that showed European models, etc and I thought it was the name brand that they manufactured. The sizing was terribly off, and I might be mixing it up, but it wasn't fully opened for a baby to go in...the whole thing was a piece of garbage. Ali Express wouldn't accept it as a fraud report even though it clearly was to me. After fighting it for a while, I did get my money back, but I would never trust anything on there to be real.

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:35 am
Wow! thats wild. They have Carbon Soldier dresses that look exactly like original.. dont know if I should trust it.

cnc

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:53 am
To clarify, I didn’t purchase with the intent of it looking original. I’m not a maven in brand names . I ordered something and then saw it in the local store and it seemed to be the exact same thing down to the label.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:19 am
In my understanding, there are 2 types of products on Ali for the most part-
stuff that they sell the same as identical products that are manufactured in China and they just make more and sell them on their own
And products that they try to copy - the picture that they post is of the original product, not one that they produced, and if you order it they try to copy the picture and make it the same- which it won't be the same but maybe a close copy, or a total disaster.

I once ordered a gown for a child for a wedding. The picture posted was gorgeous, and I took the risk. The gown actually was beautiful and well made, but not as stunning as the picture was and certainly not the same. I realized the picture posted was from a designer magazine of a flower girls dress, and they tried to copy it as best as they could when they made it for me. That was not told to me obviously, it was presented as if the model was wearing their product...

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:24 am
Got it! I wish we can know what is what. I don't really care for designer label either it's just that if I know it's designer I can hope for better quality... I have had bad experience with quality....

caza

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:29 pm
I find that some things are fabulous and possible the real thing but many are imitations. The cheap ones are usually imitations and their quality and fit is not great

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:57 pm
I've gotten things from frum stores that I recognized as Ali Express brands. I then went and bought some straight from Ali Express and got such compliments on my $10 tops Smile

chasdie Hashem

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:09 pm
Yes-I bought necklace for 1.99 & saw in store same thing for 25$!!I compared it as I was wearing it that day & same quality...

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:45 pm
Anyone want to post links??

cnc

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:48 pm
SesameSeeds wrote:
Got it! I wish we can know what is what. I don't really care for designer label either it's just that if I know it's designer I can hope for better quality... I have had bad experience with quality....

Look at alipicks.com and metziahs Ali
They’ll give you real life reviews.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics