Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Shabbos hot water urn from amazon?

rovacat

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:28 pm
I want to order a hot water urn for shabbos on amazon. I cant seem to figure them out. The ones thst say theyre good for shabbos are very expensive. I found much cheaoer ones that say theyre coffee urns. I dont need a fancy machine. I was curious if any of you ahve successfully ordered one on amazon that is ok to use on shabbos. And can you tell me which one. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:36 pm
rovacat wrote:
I want to order a hot water urn for shabbos on amazon. I cant seem to figure them out. The ones thst say theyre good for shabbos are very expensive. I found much cheaoer ones that say theyre coffee urns. I dont need a fancy machine. I was curious if any of you ahve successfully ordered one on amazon that is ok to use on shabbos. And can you tell me which one. Thanks!

We don't like the pump urns since they don't last. We have this from Amazon for pesach (the cord is attached to the urn).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

We have the same one from a Jewish store for year round that the cord separates from the urn.

rovacat

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:47 pm
Thanks for your reply! I got confused bec in thedescription they call it a coffee urn. But if you say ir works just like a shaabos one thenill irder it. Thankyou!!

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:48 pm
We got a regular one from amazon and it’s fine. The water doesn’t get super hot but it’s about how hot I would like for tea

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:54 pm
rovacat wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I got confused bec in thedescription they call it a coffee urn. But if you say ir works just like a shaabos one thenill irder it. Thankyou!!

It has a metal filter and standing stick inside that we remove when we open the box. That part is used for coffee if you so want it. Never used it for that.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:54 pm
tichellady wrote:
We got a regular one from amazon and it’s fine. The water doesn’t get super hot but it’s about how hot I would like for tea

None of them get super hot unfortunately. We tried many and the regular West Bend is best in our option.

teachkids

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:11 pm
We have a cheap Hamilton Beach one. We just take out the coffee filter piece

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We don't like the pump urns since they don't last. We have this from Amazon for pesach (the cord is attached to the urn).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

We have the same one from a Jewish store for year round that the cord separates from the urn.

I used to have that for Pesach, but I felt that the outside got very hot. My kids are older now, but I do have friends' kids visit on Shabbat/yom tov, and I wasn't happy with it.

I have the Zojirushi pump urn,

ddmom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:39 pm
Do you know how the west bend would be better than Hamilton beach?(cheaper!)

chestnut

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:04 pm
teachkids wrote:
We have a cheap Hamilton Beach one. We just take out the coffee filter piece

You take out the stick and the round filter piece? Never thought of this.
How do you clean it? Mine got nasty inside pretty fast and vinegar isn't helping

guest21

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:13 am
To clean your hot water urn fill it with water and add a few tablespoons of sour salt. Let it sit for a few hours and then empy and rinse it well. Works wonders. Seen on Instagram @cookingwithtantrums

teachkids

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:17 am
chestnut wrote:
You take out the stick and the round filter piece? Never thought of this.
How do you clean it? Mine got nasty inside pretty fast and vinegar isn't helping

Does it count as taking it out if I never toiveled and put them in?

Mine never needed cleaning, but my mother has this little metal ball that collects the mineral deposits.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars