Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Thanks, but I don't know who you are
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:22 pm
I once got an update on Ted's operation and how soon he'll be released from the hospital. I sent back my best wishes for his recovery, but said that they must have mis-typed because I don't know Ted.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:56 pm
For a few years I'd get a text every 2-3 months asking if I was available to speak at a cancer-survivors group. I kept responding that they had the wrong person but they just kept inviting me.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:05 pm
When I get messages that are clearly not for me. I assume that either they are spam or my number belonged to someone else in the past. Either way, I just delete them. If there’s important news from friends or family, they will find another way to inform me if they don’t get a response to a text message.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:10 pm
zaq wrote:
When I get messages that are clearly not for me. I assume that either they are spam or my number belonged to someone else in the past. Either way, I just delete them. If there’s important news from friends or family, they will find another way to inform me if they don’t get a response to a text message.

Texting is more popular than phone calls today. By just deleting it, you might be preventing someone from getting important messages to their friends and family, bc they'll think their person is just ignoring them.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:21 pm
singleagain wrote:
Texting is more popular than phone calls today. By just deleting it, you might be preventing someone from getting important messages to their friends and family, bc they'll think their person is just ignoring them.

Tough. Why must I bend to their standards? I’ve lived long enough to deserve to have them accommodate mine. And the only ones who REALLY count are my family and close friends, who all know I’m a quasi-Luddite.

Not to mention that phishing expeditions occur over the phone as well as by email.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:18 pm
zaq wrote:
Tough. Why must I bend to their standards? I’ve lived long enough to deserve to have them accommodate mine. And the only ones who REALLY count are my family and close friends, who all know I’m a quasi-Luddite.

Not to mention that phishing expeditions occur over the phone as well as by email.

I'm just saying, it doesn't hurt to say wrong number.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:21 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
For a few years I'd get a text every 2-3 months asking if I was available to speak at a cancer-survivors group. I kept responding that they had the wrong person but they just kept inviting me.

May it be a segulah for you to never need to join such a group!

Boca00

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:44 pm
I once had someone text me, "I'm coming to get you."

Kind of freaked out until I realized it was a wrong number.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:48 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I once had someone text me, "I'm coming to get you."

Kind of freaked out until I realized it was a wrong number.

This reminds me of the meme of a texting chat but my filter isn't allowing me to post the image.
*I am here for you
* Thanks 😊. I am going through a hard time now so that means a lot to me. I lost my contacts. Who is this?
* It's your UBER driver here to pick you up
*Oh.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:02 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
This reminds me of the meme of a texting chat but my filter isn't allowing me to post the image.
*I am here for you
* Thanks 😊. I am going through a hard time now so that means a lot to me. I lost my contacts. Who is this?
* It's your UBER driver here to pick you up
*Oh.

Here it is

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:16 am
singleagain wrote:
Here it is

Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics