Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Help a Brooklyn Mama out

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:12 pm
Hi!
I'm a recent transplant to Brooklyn.
I'm wondering what winter gear to get for my baby who's 1.
I'm from the suburbs so I'm not sure.
In the suburbs, for example, I had a good bundle me for the car seat, or a good car coat for an older child, because that's the extent we spent outside. Here, I walk my child (with a stroller) to and from daycare, I feel like we both will need to be warm. Im also worried what I'll do in the snow.
So what essentials do I need?

Don't all answer at once ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thank

Cheiny

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!
In the suburbs, for example, I had a good bundle me for the car seat, or a good car coat for an older child, because that's the extent we spent outside. Here, I walk my child (with a stroller) to and from daycare, I feel like we both will need to be warm. Im also worried what I'll do in the snow.

Thank

The winter essentials are boots, rain gear, sweaters, heavy coats/jackets, scarves, gloves, hats.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:16 pm
Make sure to have a plastic cover that goes over your stroller to keep the wind and wet out. For me that was always an essential item when walking in the winter with a stroller.
I donโ€™t live in Brooklyn but the weather is similar

Einikel

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:25 pm
A footmuff for your carriage

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013.....P2EH3

happymom123

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:25 pm
I use the bundleme footmuff with a coat and a hat. When it's really bad out I'll use a blanket under the bundleme and when there's wind I'll use the plastic rain cover. I don't see a need for a snow suit if you have a stroller footmuff

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!

Thank

Get an all down winter jacket from Gap (not all are down) or Appaman. Coat should have a high neck otherwise keep that in mind when choosing his hat. He will also need a stroller bunting for the walks or very warm blanket. And a plastic stroller protector that was designed for the stroller you have and keeps a good seal.

You will need a knee length warm coat as well and boots.

Good luck and here's to a hopefully mild winter!

mfb

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:05 pm
I donโ€™t think the coat has to be super warm if you use the bunting, and a plastic when itโ€™s rainy snowy or windy

trixx

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:56 pm
7am enfant hand muffs
Cocoon, either one that matches your stroller like uppababy ganoosh or 7am, jj Cole etc
Hat that covers ears warmly
Warm shoes like uggs will be too hot inside the stroller cocoon
Def a rain cover

For snow, just boots for yourself
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries