Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Why are all my dh’s T-shirt’s shrinking

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:21 am
He’s a tall guy and when I buy them they’re long enough but after a few washes they always end up shorter. What am I doing wrong? And is there any way to get them back to the original length?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:24 am
Bump

Learning

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:28 am
Do you wash with hot water or dry on high?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:31 am
Try to stretch them while wet, it might work. Don't tumble dry.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:33 am
I thought I was having the same thing...then I realized he's just gaining weight LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:07 am
I wash with cool water. Tumble dry medium. Am I supposed to be hanging them to dry? Because then they dry very stiff and they’re T-shirt’s and meant to be comfortable.

LittleMissMama

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:10 am
Unless it says "preshrunk", it's normal for cotton to shrink. It is annoying though to have to buy an item, allowing for shrinkage. Line drying is helpful but time consuming.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wash with cool water. Tumble dry medium. Am I supposed to be hanging them to dry? Because then they dry very stiff and they’re T-shirt’s and meant to be comfortable.

I dry all clothing on low. Don’t know if that would help.

Marigold

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don’t fully dry T-shirt’s precisely because of shrinkage. I rather put it in the dryer and stand there while it dries for roughly 1-2 minutes. Then I smooth it out and put on a rack for it to dry completely. (I do iron it after but it’s not a must.)

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:09 pm
Cold wash and air dry will limit shrinkage, but undergarments and whites really need hot wash. Buy a size larger if it’s a real problem or look for a brand that has extra tall sizes. Cotton shrinks, period. Fact of life.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He’s a tall guy and when I buy them they’re long enough but after a few washes they always end up shorter. What am I doing wrong? And is there any way to get them back to the original length?

Wash on gentle cold, dry on low for minimal time and remove immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry