Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Robotic Mop Advice

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:34 pm
I need a robotic vacuum / mop to keep the main floor clean. I'm ok with the bedrooms being vacuumed only weekly but my main floor gets filthy daily; food, spills, just dirt... it's sticky. I don't have the time or energy to mop daily. I want to invest in a robotic mop. If I have to prioritize mopping over vacuuming I would say mopping; I don't mind to sweep first but of course it would be great if this machine will do both. I've read reviews of several different ones online but nothing seems 'amazing'. Does anyone personally have one that they use to recommend and answer my questions? My floors are all hardwood. I am not worried about robot handling steps etc because I will keep on one floor, and the living room / dining room which is the main priority is an open layout. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:17 pm
Just bumping this for the evening folks. I'm really eager to make a purchase. Thanks!

Window

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:31 pm
I recently bought a irobot. It was the most expensive one in bb&b. At least $1000 and it did a "decent" job. Nothing incredible. I don't think that they have such amazing machines out there yet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:04 pm
Thanks so much for responding! Is the one you bought a vacuum or a mop, or both?
By decent - what do you mean? Floor still sticky? Or just not perfect?
I want something that's the equivalent of me spending 20 minutes mopping, is that possible?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:26 pm
I don't have personal experience with any of the robotic mops- but I do have a robotic vacuum, and my friend has a mop. Be aware that they usually take a veeeery long time to clean. Sometimes I don't have patience to have my vacuum go on and on and on while I'm tripping over it trying to do other things, and it's easier to just clean myself.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:49 pm
I've had a scooba (vacuum + mop) for a few years. It does an okay job. Has to be charged & only runs for about max 30 minutes per charge. Prior to that, I had that company's mop (without a reservoir--so you put a damp rag on it--wasn't fantastic).

It's still time and energy for you--you fill it and you have to empty it and clean it out, the brush and all. It's great for when I am running out to do an errand erev shabbat/chag--I can put it on and when I return, it's passable. It does not do as good a job as a person who is focused on it, but it's better than nothing. It can do maybe a 200 sq ft room on one charge. And a couple of weeks ago, it stopped working. So I got an old fashioned squeeze sponge and a bucket....

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:35 am
Would you consider a steam mop? Needs to be used manually but considerably easier than regular mopping.

wifeandmore

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:25 am
I have both
Really dislike the robot mop
I wouldnt recommend
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics