Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 yo's playgroup Morah doesn't give naps

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:12 pm
But he really needs one. She tried letting him sleep but he won't fall asleep when the other kids are awake.
He comes home at 3, exhausted and cranky. So far I've tried:
Giving him a nap from 3-4/4:30. He wakes up tired and cranky, doesn't want to eat dinner, but goes to sleep nicely (at 7:30/8 instead of the usual 7).

Or keep him awake as long as possible (today it was until 5:30) (and deal with the kvetchiness), then put him into bed for the night-but he's too overtired to fall asleep nicely, and he wakes up 3/4 times , very unusual for
Him.

Wwyd?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:15 pm
I have the same. I put him in at six.

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:30 pm
Last year my 2 year old also didjt have naptime. For the first half of the year, she napped from 230/3 to 330/4. After that she didn't nap and went to bed at 6

Shani88

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But he really needs one. She tried letting him sleep but he won't fall asleep when the other kids are awake.
He comes home at 3, exhausted and cranky. So far I've tried:
Giving him a nap from 3-4/4:30. He wakes up tired and cranky, doesn't want to eat dinner, but goes to sleep nicely (at 7:30/8 instead of the usual 7).

Or keep him awake as long as possible (today it was until 5:30) (and deal with the kvetchiness), then put him into bed for the night-but he's too overtired to fall asleep nicely, and he wakes up 3/4 times , very unusual for
Him.

Wwyd?

Doesn’t sound too bad if he’ll nap after play group and still go to bed by 7:30/8

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:07 pm
My child dropped her nap by that age already but if naps are important to you (him) then that should be something you ask about before enrolling (sample schedule for the day) or before switching schools for him

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:08 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My child dropped her nap by that age already but if naps are important to you (him) then that should be something you ask about before enrolling (sample schedule for the day) or before switching schools for him

This is my second child. I never had this issue with previous morahs so never thought to ask...
And the nap seems to be important to him; I want him to be happy. If he'd be happy without one so would I be.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:09 pm
Shani88 wrote:
Doesn’t sound too bad if he’ll nap after play group and still go to bed by 7:30/8

I just feel bad that he's so fussy and upset when he wakes up at 4/4:30. When he napped at 10/12 am he woke up so happy!

erm

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:42 pm
I stopped naps for all my kids by 2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics