Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Louboutin Shoes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:00 am
Is it really worth its price?

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:13 am
I can't speak from experience, but I cannot image any pair of shoes (let alone a pair of heels) being worth ~US$1000.

I'm sure you can easily find something just as stylish and equally (un)comfortable for 1/2 or 1/4 of that price.

West End Tova

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:34 am
I heard they wear out quickly.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:38 am
DrMom wrote:

I'm sure you can easily find something just as stylish and equally (un)comfortable for 1/2 or 1/4 of that price.

And you can just paint the soles red Very Happy

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:43 am
What does worth the price even mean?
In gold and silver there is a worth, in real estate there are formulas for figuring out the worth of a purchase.
How does worth play out in clothing? If it's $1000 does it last last as well as 10 pairs of regular shoes? Is the fabric exclusive? Can you sell it for profit?
What's a tag worth? Does status have a worth?
Fashion is so complex.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it really worth its price?

That's a personal question that only you can answer.

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:35 pm
I believe in quality.

Quality shoes are generally more comfortable and last longer than cheap shoes.

The variable is what price point you need to spend in order to get that quality. Let's assume a high quality shoe is $300 - a Louboutin shoe for $800 or $1200 is not "higher quality". However, some of the Louboutin shoes are amazingly beautiful especially those which are intended for special occasions and I have never seen such beautiful shoes as they are literally works of art for the feet.

High end designer clothing is also beautiful - beautiful fabrics and beautiful construction. Obviously no comparison between a $1000 or $2000 dress and one for $39.99.

I have a very wealthy friend who does buy very expensive clothing. She can truly afford it and she doesn't buy huge amounts of it every season. When she wears something I can tell that it is exquisitely made - very beautiful fabrics; unique styles and beautifully constructed. It's "worth" it to her because she has enough money so that a $1000 dress is like buying a $10 dress.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:39 pm
West End Tova wrote:
I heard they wear out quickly.

Is this really true?
If so its not worth it.

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this really true?
If so its not worth it.

They don't wear out quickly. They are excellent quality.

Obviously when you walk on the soles, the red coating will wear off. My shoemaker is referred by expensive stores to work on Louboutin shoes and you can either have a very thin protective film put on them before wearing them or he can replace the red soles with red soles that are just like the originals.

aliavi

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:13 pm
I like the look but they are not comfortable for me. I like heels but try not to be so high because I feel it’s not as modest.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this really true?
If so its not worth it.

FWIW:

https://www.trustpilot.com/rev.....n.com

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:25 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
FWIW:

https://www.trustpilot.com/rev.....n.com

Aside from the reality that disgruntled people are more prone to go online to complain, a brief scan of the complaints shows that almost all of them have to do with issues relating to being able to return shoes or that the shoes don't fit and not regarding the actual quality of the shoes themselves.

I am very familiar with Louboutin shoes and they are high quality in the same way that Ferragamo shoes are high quality. I am deliberately picking Ferragamo because these are less expensive but still high quality shoes.

Are Louboutin shoes "worth" more than Ferragamo. Really if you have to ask, you can't afford them - and I don't mean that in a snarky manner. People who buy Louboutin shoes or Chanel suits aren't worried about "value"

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:42 pm
Amarante wrote:
Aside from the reality that disgruntled people are more prone to go online to complain, a brief scan of the complaints shows that almost all of them have to do with issues relating to being able to return shoes or that the shoes don't fit and not regarding the actual quality of the shoes themselves.

I am very familiar with Louboutin shoes and they are high quality in the same way that Ferragamo shoes are high quality. I am deliberately picking Ferragamo because these are less expensive but still high quality shoes.

Are Louboutin shoes "worth" more than Ferragamo. Really if you have to ask, you can't afford them - and I don't mean that in a snarky manner. People who buy Louboutin shoes or Chanel suits aren't worried about "value"

Ferragamo shoes IME are not quality. They wear out very fast.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:49 pm
Amarante wrote:

I would not pay $800 for the shoes if they will like garbage after 4 times.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:21 pm
Amarante wrote:
They don't wear out quickly. They are excellent quality.

Obviously when you walk on the soles, the red coating will wear off. My shoemaker is referred by expensive stores to work on Louboutin shoes and you can either have a very thin protective film put on them before wearing them or he can replace the red soles with red soles that are just like the originals.

Who is your shoe maker?

simba

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would not pay $800 for the shoes if they will like garbage after 4 times.

They are not the type of shoes one wears daily. They are special occasion shoes and should last you for many years. I know people who have them and really get good wear out of them. They are a luxury designer brand and bought because of that, not for their durability and economical worth.
If you can afford to spend that much on a shoe you will enjoy them. If you are stretching yourself then then get something more sensible.

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who is your shoe maker?

I am located in Los Angeles and use Pasquales. He is located on San Vicente between Fairfax and La Brea by Hauser.

Arturos on Little Santa Monica in Beverly Hills also does superb work but I have been using Pasquales for years and he is more convenient.

I use Pasquales for repairing handbags and have also had him refurbish shoes as the back of heels can become tattered when one drives in them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:08 am
Century 21 has the shoes on sale sometimes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics