Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's in style for men's casual wear?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 11:16 pm
Hi, my husband asked me for help in helping him become a better dresser. He's in his low 40's, average build.
For work he wears colored dress shirts with black dress pants and dress shoes.
He's looking for a casual look for Sundays, something more relaxed than work clothing but still looking sharp and well dressed.

No to jeans or super tight pants, yes to colored shirts and sweaters and pretty much anything else.

What is in style for men? Which online stores should he browse? Links or images are appreciated.

Can any of the more fashion conscious imas help me out please?

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:55 am
I’m in California and the guys who do business casual look seem to wear a lot of Dockers. The most popular color is some variation of khaki but they also have some different colors and the pants themselves come in a few different styles. I would say the look is very Classic and tasteful as they say dress it up or dress it down depending on the top.

I am assuming you are not looking for something that is uber trendy. You can go to the Dockers website and it’s very easy to order as they have every style and color and all the combinations of waist and inseam.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 7:46 am
Look on Zara and Banana Republic

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:33 pm
Thanks for the replies. What type of shirts to wear with the casual pants? Or just sweaters? Or both? V neck? Round?
Any specific links or pictures that someone can point me to?

shmosmom

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:41 pm
Lol about the Dockers...that's the only pants DH will wear as well (for casual, he obviously has dress pants). Hubby likes those thin round neck sweaters, zara runs too tight for him so he usually does Century 21 or Macys.

giselle

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the replies. What type of shirts to wear with the casual pants? Or just sweaters? Or both? V neck? Round?

I got casual slim fit button downs in J. Crew.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 7:27 pm
Whatever it is, make sure it fits well. The fit is everything in men's clothes. Frum men tend to be horrible about this tbh but if he wants to be more fashion conscious it makes huge difference.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:58 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Whatever it is, make sure it fits well. The fit is everything in men's clothes. Frum men tend to be horrible about this tbh but if he wants to be more fashion conscious it makes huge difference.

Ok, so how should it fit? How should it not fit? Why do you say frum men are horrible about this, what do you think they are doing wrong?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:29 am
Bump

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, so how should it fit? How should it not fit? Why do you say frum men are horrible about this, what do you think they are doing wrong?

The pants need to be tight to look stylish. They don’t need to be like leggings, but if they are not skinny pants, they won’t look fashionable. I’ll try to post links of some outfits later.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:43 am
In the real world men don’t wear their pants tight. It’s Only in ads, some frum men and people who live alternate lifestyles. For some reason in the frum world it’s in style and I always think it’s funny because it looks how specific groups of ppl prefer to dress.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Pants- chinos from banana republic
Sweaters- Zara cable knit sweaters, ribbed sweaters, elbow patches. They also have very soft sweaters in solid colors and heathered.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:32 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
The pants need to be tight to look stylish. They don’t need to be like leggings, but if they are not skinny pants, they won’t look fashionable. I’ll try to post links of some outfits later.

I disagree with this. Skinny pants may look stylish on some people, but terrible on others.
Dress to your[b] body type.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:06 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
In the real world men don’t wear their pants tight. It’s Only in ads, some frum men and people who live alternate lifestyles. For some reason in the frum world it’s in style and I always think it’s funny because it looks how specific groups of ppl prefer to dress.

Lol. In the real world stylish men wear skinny pants. Not stylish men wear loose pants. It’s really that simple.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:08 am
shmosmom wrote:
I disagree with this. Skinny pants may look stylish on some people, but terrible on others.
Dress to your[b] body type.

Of course. But loose pants look horrible on everybody. If you’re very fat, then choose a slim leg over a super skinny leg. But don’t go loose. It looks awful.

Tzivia18

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:46 pm
Check out Lands End. I enjoy looking at their flyers and they have great, good quality conservative clothes for both men and women.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics