Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Going bananas! Ideas please

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 7:49 pm
My DS is going to be 5 in December iy"H. He was fully toilet trained a little before he turned 3. Last year in playgroup he had no problems, never came home wet. We were upstate for the summer where DS spent most of his days playing outside, and that's when he started having 'accidents'. He was too busy playing to be bothered to find a bathroom.
Other mothers upstate who have had the same issues with their kids reassured me that he wld be back to himself when we got back to a regular routine... The problem is that he is still having 'accidents' and I'm going bananas!
Tried reminding him to go, chart/prizes and he is still doing it Can't Believe It . Ideas, please???

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:49 pm
Is it possible that he got constipated over the summer?

If he is, try doing daily enemas for a few days and making sure he uses the bathroom every day no matter what. He might need miralax for a bit also.

If it is constipation, IMHO go at it with all you've got until things are normal again.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:32 pm
Buy him a cheap watch that has an alarm, he has to go to the bathroom every hour, no matter what!!
And then reward daily until he gets bored of it or stops needing reminders!(whichever is sooner!!! LOL )
Hatzlacha rabba!
Not fun!! Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training