Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Marsala - Freezable???

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:18 pm
Is there any way to do this and freeze
Maybe the schnitzel pre-fried and the sauce seperate
Will the mushrooms taste yuck

Exact instructions greatly appreciated

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:41 pm
It's very freezeable! Maybe undercook it a tiny bit, but either way it'll be delicious rewarmed. I've done it plenty of times.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:51 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
It's very freezeable! Maybe undercook it a tiny bit, but either way it'll be delicious rewarmed. I've done it plenty of times.

Exact instructions please

monkeys

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:18 pm
I freeze it before I bake it. Fry the schnitzel and put it in a pan with the sauce. Freeze. Defrost and then bake to reheat.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 11:43 pm
monkeys wrote:
I freeze it before I bake it. Fry the schnitzel and put it in a pan with the sauce. Freeze. Defrost and then bake to reheat.

Freeze with the sauce?
Also will the mushroom taste yuck

monkeys

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 11:58 pm
cbg wrote:
Freeze with the sauce?
Also will the mushroom taste yuck

Yes, with the sauce. I'd imagine freezing separately would work too I just haven't tried it. I find that sauteed mushrooms freeze well in general. I freeze mushroom sauce and mushroom barley soup all the time.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:50 am
What kind of recipe is this. I ask because you are mentioning Shnitzel which has some form of crisp crust. Chicken Marsala or at least my version doesn’t have a crisp crust. I wouldn’t freeze anything with a crisp crust and a sauce. However fr chicken with sauce that is just sautéed and doesn’t have breading can be frozen.

My experience is white meat doesn’t reheat as well as thighs but this is true whether it is frozen or just reheated the next day.

monkeys

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 2:10 am
Amarante wrote:
What kind of recipe is this. I ask because you are mentioning Shnitzel which has some form of crisp crust. Chicken Marsala or at least my version doesn’t have a crisp crust. I wouldn’t freeze anything with a crisp crust and a sauce. However fr chicken with sauce that is just sautéed and doesn’t have breading can be frozen.

My experience is white meat doesn’t reheat as well as thighs but this is true whether it is frozen or just reheated the next day.

The recipe that I have is to lightly fry breaded cutlets and then bake in the wine sauce. I stopped making it because my husband didn’t care for the mushy breadcrumbs. My dad loves it though. I would love to hear what your recipe is. I’d try it to avoid the soggy breadcrumbs.

I also find that chicken doesn’t usually freeze well and most of the time I prepare chicken dishes and freeze raw. For some reason, this recipe and some sesame chicken recipes freeze very nicely.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:10 am
My recipe says to fry the cutlets in flour, then bake with mushroom sauce. I fry the cutlets, bake (perhaps 5-10 min less than the recipe says), then freeze the chicken together with the sauce.

cbg

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:44 am
Amarante wrote:

I always appreciate your culinary expertise

Can you share a recipe

ddmom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:08 pm
You can bread and fry cutlets. Freeze.
Make sauce and freeze separately.
The day of, you reheat sauce and pour on chicken!
I would say that would almost taste freshly made!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey