Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help choosing perfume to try
Previous  1  2  3

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:05 am
Pita wrote:
I love cologne (good cologne) on men. Not the garbage young men wear, but what older men tend to wear. So I thought why not wear something myself? But I am terrified of wearing perfume and offending someone.

Everything in the store smells too sweet for me. I don't want to smell like candy. I love citrus scents... If I could smell like an etrog or lime that would be great. Almonds are good, too. As is jasmine, tea, and coffee scent.

I already tried the l'Etrog, my husband thought it smelled like men's cologne (I liked it). The Ayala perfumes are WAAAAY crazy expensive.

So any suggestions? I am not stuck on citrus, but I want to smell clean, fresh, and slighly s-xy.

The Barda couple in Itamar produce a beautiful perfume based on etrogim which is alive and definitely feminine!

(My favourite is their apple-mango, which is kind of spicy and very exciting!)

If you're interested, I'll post their email. Their prices are very reasonable ($20-30), and their work is outstanding.

If you Google Shimon Barda, you'll see what a mentsch he is too.

Pita

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:36 am
Rappel wrote:
The Barda couple in Itamar produce a beautiful perfume based on etrogim which is alive and definitely feminine!

(My favourite is their apple-mango, which is kind of spicy and very exciting!)

If you're interested, I'll post their email. Their prices are very reasonable ($20-30), and their work is outstanding.

If you Google Shimon Barda, you'll see what a mentsch he is too.

Yes, please! I googled, and found a web site called "Blessed Buy Israel." They carry 3 of his perfumes, but I could not figure out which one you meant.

Scary to buy perfume sight unseen, especially as picky as I am, but at that price the the risk is low.

Thanks!

etky

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:16 am
Pita wrote:
I love cologne (good cologne) on men. Not the garbage young men wear, but what older men tend to wear. So I thought why not wear something myself? But I am terrified of wearing perfume and offending someone.

Everything in the store smells too sweet for me. I don't want to smell like candy. I love citrus scents... If I could smell like an etrog or lime that would be great. Almonds are good, too. As is jasmine, tea, and coffee scent.

I already tried the l'Etrog, my husband thought it smelled like men's cologne (I liked it). The Ayala perfumes are WAAAAY crazy expensive.

So any suggestions? I am not stuck on citrus, but I want to smell clean, fresh, and slighly s-xy.

Did you try Etrog by Ayala Moriel or L'Etrog by Arquiste, which has much better reviews?

Pita

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:51 am
etky wrote:
Did you try Etrog by Ayala Moriel or L'Etrog by Arquiste, which has much better reviews?

I was able to get samples and tried both L'Etrog and L'Etrog Aqua. I loved both but my husband thinks they are "manly." I disagree, but want us both to like whatever I buy.

Etrog by Ayala is CRAZY expensive; if you look at the size of the bottle I just can't justify. Even if I loved it.

But I now have a pretty good list (thanks to the great ladies here!), and can check the ones I can find locally. I don't want to end up spending $400 on lots of small bottles of perfumes I don't like.

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:53 am
Heya! So Sara got back to me.

Bereishit is their etrog scent. (My favourite is the Adagio.)

They have a website "itaco.co.il", which redirects to here:
http://itamar.yolasite.com/

It's all in Hebrew, so:
*From the main page, click on the orange button in the middle.
*Go to the bottom left, where it says בשמים
*The first option, top left, should be בראשית.
*Click on the green button below the picture, קנה עכשיו
*You're now viewing your "cart." Click on the green button on the right, סיום קנייה
*You're now in check out. The fill in boxes are, in order: Full Name, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, (drop-down box) State, ZIP, (drop-down box) Country, Telephone Number
*I haven't gone past that, since I haven't filled out my address, but I imagine the next page is your CC info, and then send.

They also have an email:
Cocosmetics@gmail.com

Sara 0542191110
Shimon 0542190111

If you run into trouble when buying, you can either reach out to them (they only speak Hebrew and French to my knowledge) or to me; I'm happy to help. Chag sameach!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:41 pm
I like GIO by Georgio Armani. It’s a citrusy men’s fragrance. But nobody’s checking your cologne’s private parts or DNA, and if you choose to identify your cologne as gender-neutral or gender-ambiguous or gender-fluid, that’s your right.

simba

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:57 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I like GIO by Georgio Armani. It’s a citrusy men’s fragrance. But nobody’s checking your cologne’s private parts or DNA, and if you choose to identify your cologne as gender-neutral or gender-ambiguous or gender-fluid, that’s your right.

Constitutional right?!?!

etky

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 1:07 pm
Pita wrote:
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas! I will have to go to the local perfume store with a list and try.

Found the sample of L'Etrog. I still love it. My husband still doesn't.

I did, however, discover that Etrog is also called Citron or Cedrat (French). I will bring that information with me. There are quite a few perfumes with Citron or Cedrat in the name. Maybe we can find something we both like.

Thank you again! I will check those perfumes, too!

One of my favorites, Yellow Diamond Intense (Versace) has a prominent citron top note.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 1:54 pm
L'eau d'issey by Issey Meyake is a more musk type smell
Bulgari White tea might be more your style. Very gentle fragrance

Pita

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Funny... yesterday I got an advertisement for Macy's, with 2 samples: Acqua di Gio Pour Homme and Acqua di Gio Absolu. I don't know which you like (or if it is the Acqua di Gio Porfumo, which was not sent as a sample), but I tried the Pour Homme, and liked it! Don't know if my husband will, though. I will have to see.

Thanks to all of you!

Also, I found a web site showing how to extract the oils from an etrog. I may try that after Sukkot.

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 11:16 am
you might actually do better wearing a men's citrus or musky scented cologne

also I believe sephora has sample boxes where you pay a price & it includes you choosing a bottle of the one you prefer

scent is extremely personal

my latest craving is Coach Floral with a mix of everything & yet so light smelling & zexy

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 2:39 pm
Combining perfumes is not so simple, but if you like a more masculine perfume and want it to be more feminine, you can blend it with a simple but feminine scent.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics