Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If one wanted to sell a brand new gorgeous sheitel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:39 am
How would I go about it??
Long story.....
I buy them for myself directly from a supplier in China that I’ve been using for about 3 years now.
Very very happy with quality & hair.
But one came in for my daughter in wrong color & they took it back & exchanged for a completely unprocessed very dark brown 26 inch piece, which is gorgeous & luscious.
But since it has no name in it, nobody is interested.
I tried my local community site, my friends, left it at my sheitel macher (who also said it was stunning!) but no luck.

I think I even tried here on ima mother in the classifieds about a year ago.
But no luck when I’m asked about brand name.
I only wear these sheitels now & I am sooo thrilled with them.
Actually, I recently bought a sary precut on sale which I liked Cz of funky color & cut but it’s such a piece of garbage - sorry to be so blunt & honest - compared to my Wigs. & I paid 3x price more that I pay for mine.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

nchr

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:50 am
A shaitel gemach?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:03 am
How much are you trying to sell it for?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:19 am
The 2nd hand (yes thats what its considered) sheitel market is brutal. Where do you live? Maybe someone here can hook you up with someone in your community who sells used wigs for less ..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:22 am
Why is it considered 2nd hand?
Nobody’s ever worn it.
It’s brand new.

I’d sell it for $800.00

If anyone wants to email me privately & I can send pics & get into more details you can reach me at zoopa1234@gmail.com

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:46 am
Why are you selling it? People are hesitant to buy rejects and prefer to pick one out of ten pieces and make their own decision. That is why it's considered 2nd hand.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:56 am
You can get a brand new Irene on sale for that price.
You’re asking for too much IMO.
How much did you pay for it?

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why is it considered 2nd hand?
Nobody’s ever worn it.
It’s brand new.

I’d sell it for $800.00

If anyone wants to email me privately & I can send pics & get into more details you can reach me at zoopa1234@gmail.com

Because you are the first owner. Who ever buys it will be the second owner. That makes it second hand. Also, the wig you want to sell is at least a year old, so you cant call it “brand new”. No matter if no one has worn it.

You selected it, you chose the color and gave your measurements. Whoever buys it will be buying literally your wig.

Contact Lena in Baltimore. She sells on consignment. People ship to her all the time. https://lenaswigs.com/

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total

SesameSeeds

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 6:59 am
I would perhaps be interested in buying but not for this price. I feel like I'm taking a risk and $800 is too much for such a risk.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:06 am
Unfortunately, wigs can sometimes start off beautiful and then deteriorate quickly. With a "brand name," people feel they can ask around and find out approximately how long it will last. Obviously there are lemons too, but it feels less risky than paying that much for an unknown.

ddmom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:11 am
You can call sheitels for less in Lakewood.
She sells second hand wigs. Her name is Galit Azar.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:20 am
You can probably get 3 or 4 hundred for your sheitel. 800 is too much.

simba

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:35 am
I think you would be able to sell it for $800 if it had a brand. No one has any idea what the quality or durability of this wig is. We don’t know if you bought it online for $30 and it’s pure garbage. Why won’t the company take it back like they did the first one?

I am not accusing you, just stating the reality.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:38 am
When a wig is "brand new" as you put it, they use special oils and chemicals to give it a gorgeous sheen and look. That's why every single shaitel macher will tell you to have it washed before you buy it so she can see the "real" wig. How it dries, how it does or doesn't tangle, if the hair really is soft or just felt soft because of what they put on it. Unless you personally followed the hair from China, sorry but there's no way on this planet you can believe it's completely unprocessed. That's just naive.

After it gets a good wash, and it's still luxurious, any good shaitel macher will buy it from you to sell. Not at $800 mind you. And if you paid $800 for a wig from China, reconsider next time.

My personal feeling is what one of the previous posters wrote.

There are so many brides just wishing to look beautiful in their new wigs but don't have the money. Please consider this Hashems way of offering you a beautiful Mitzvah and donate it to a needy bride. It's a $400 Mitzvah that's worth millions to Hashem.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How would I go about it??
Long story.....
I buy them for myself directly from a supplier in China that I’ve been using for about 3 years now.
Very very happy with quality & hair.
But one came in for my daughter in wrong color & they took it back & exchanged for a completely unprocessed very dark brown 26 inch piece, which is gorgeous & luscious.
But since it has no name in it, nobody is interested.
I tried my local community site, my friends, left it at my sheitel macher (who also said it was stunning!) but no luck.

I think I even tried here on ima mother in the classifieds about a year ago.
But no luck when I’m asked about brand name.
I only wear these sheitels now & I am sooo thrilled with them.
Actually, I recently bought a sary precut on sale which I liked Cz of funky color & cut but it’s such a piece of garbage - sorry to be so blunt & honest - compared to my Wigs. & I paid 3x price more that I pay for mine.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Why wasn't your daughter interested in this wig?

What is your Chinese source?

I'm not really interested. If you had a short wig for a lot less money, maybe. But the problem is that no one can compare the prices of new vs used, and no one can judge the expected longevity, because all you've said pretty much is "trust me."

If you said its a Gobbleygook Wig, I could find out how much of a discount you're giving me, does Gobbleygook have a warranty or stand behind its wig if this thing is a wreck, how have other people who aren't trying to sell me something liked their Gobbleygooks, and how long have they lasted (your referring to buying all your wigs from these folks for 3 years leads me to believe that they don't last very long -- I mean, how many wigs do most people buy in 3 years -- but I could be wrong.)

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:23 am
Donate it! And walk away with a big motzvah

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:32 am
The reality is that there is that one is never going to sell anything for what one paid for it - that is true of wigs, clothing, furniture, jewelry, cars.

Once it has left the original seller, it is used - not new. It might be in excellent condition but it is still in excellent "used" condition.

Selling a no-name item over the internet or through classifieds is going to be completely impossible for $800 or even $400 because someone is still essentially buying a completely unknown entity. As others have posted, if the item was a brand name, someone would have the ability to determine what retail price was and then determine whether the discount for the used item was worth it. In general, the most people would pay for a used item from a private seller would be 50% of the retail price - if that. At $800 there are a lot of alternatives available.

If the wig is beautiful and what you requested, why isn't your daughter interested?

Did you pay $800 and are trying now to get your full purchase price back or did you pay $1600 for it and are offering it at a discount.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:57 am
Amarante wrote:
The reality is that there is that one is never going to sell anything for what one paid for it - that is true of wigs, clothing, furniture, jewelry, cars.

Once it has left the original seller, it is used - not new. It might be in excellent condition but it is still in excellent "used" condition.

Selling a no-name item over the internet or through classifieds is going to be completely impossible for $800 or even $400 because someone is still essentially buying a completely unknown entity. As others have posted, if the item was a brand name, someone would have the ability to determine what retail price was and then determine whether the discount for the used item was worth it. In general, the most people would pay for a used item from a private seller would be 50% of the retail price - if that. At $800 there are a lot of alternatives available.

If the wig is beautiful and what you requested, why isn't your daughter interested?

Did you pay $800 and are trying now to get your full purchase price back or did you pay $1600 for it and are offering it at a discount.

More likely she paid $400 and would like to sell it and make a profit.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:12 am
So frustrating!

the reason it is second hand even if unworn is because nobody will stand behind it if there is a problem or short longevity and the like.

hatzlocha

flmommy

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:15 am
Second to Last amother that’s not nice. Bring it to a local sheitel macher to resell, or try one of the online consignment places already mentioned. Do expect to get less then you paid unfortunately.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics