Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
What do you think of the name Kinneret
Previous  1  2  3

etky

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:59 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
BUMP...

I love the name Kinneret and am considering it for my baby -
What (modern Israeli) middle names go well with Kinneret?

I think that a two-syllable name with the emphasis on the second syllable would sound best.
What parameters were you thinking of for the second name? Botanical, place name, unis-x, holiday-oriented etc...

So, actually thinking about it some more - I think a short, one syllable name would be very nice too.
Something like Kinneret Shir or Kinneret Tzlil or even Kinneret Yam Smile

Last edited by etky on Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:11 am
B'shah Tova!!!
It is a beautiful name. My daughter has a friend with that name-she is the most lovely girl.
Usually I don't like when the letter repeats from the end of the first name to the beginning of the middle, but for some reason
Kinneret Tikva is striking me.
Adira, Amira, & Noa all work nicely as well. I really like Shira and even more so, Ashira, but it is a personal decision whether you want to go harp song and they blend beautifully or if it is too on the nose for you.
Mazel Tov.
Whatever you name her, she should be healthy and a great source of nachas to you and your entire family.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:15 am
I thought middle names are not big in E"Y? also if you are naming a three syllable name why add another? if so I'd add a one syllable or two at most.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:51 am
Lovely name. Good choice for MO/DL crowd. For Charedi sector, not so much.

Aylat

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:21 pm
Love the name

iyar

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 3:17 pm
Kinneret Lital

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:51 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I thought middle names are not big in E"Y? also if you are naming a three syllable name why add another? if so I'd add a one syllable or two at most.

(I mentioned "modern israeli" style but I'm not in Israel. When I mentioned modern Israeli I was referring to not using Biblical names like Rachel or Sara.)
I would like to find a suitable middle hebrew name/hebrew word that has been used recently as a name with significant meaning like Oriyah or Ashira or Maayan...that goes well with Kinneret.
Looking for a middle name as my other children have a first and middle name and would love to name them with the powers and spiritual meaning of a second name.
Would Kinneret +Maayan be too much reference to water or it flows(no pun intended)? Would Kinneret Ashira or Zimrah flow or people laugh that a musical instrument is put with a reference to song

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 3:13 am
My little sister is Eliana Kinneret. I love her name! We are in Israel, and she is in Bais yaakov. I think Eliana could work as a middle name too.

I think Kinneret Ashira could be nice as well... if you are not in israel it's not such a big deal that the names are kinda matchy. The meaning is beautiful and it flows well

Bhatzlacha
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names