Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ruined my yom tov food

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 3:59 pm
I figured I'd get a head start with cooking but I just realized that I left my corned beef (made Sunday) and vegetable knishes in the fridge all week and forgot to put in the freezer Sad
It's from Hashem, I know, but I'm feeling sad.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:02 pm
I'm not an expert, wait for ra_mom, but I imagine they're fine to freeze now

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:07 pm
I’d still eat it after reheating.

estreya

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:09 pm
It should still be fine to freeze if you portion it up and freeze NOW. It has only been 4 days essentially if you made it Sunday.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:09 pm
Wait, Sunday?! I cook for Shabbat and eat leftovers all week. I’d eat both of em without reheating if I ate carbs at all ( knishes)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:10 pm
You can freeze them. But the knishes should be eaten at one meal on YT and not refrigerated again as leftovers. (take out from the freezer only as many as needed for meal)

estreya

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:11 pm
Don't feel badly -- I put up my brisket to cook in the slow cooker yesterday morning before I left for work only to arrive and realize I had turned it on high instead of low at 8 am. I wouldn't be home until 6:30 pm. I had to race home about 10 minutes after I arrived at work and then race back to work which took me 1 hr in driving time. Thankfully, my boss understood my dilemma of a $120 brisket being ruined. Things are hectic now with Yom Tov coming up. I felt like such a scatterbrain.... Sad

Last edited by estreya on Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:14 pm
Totally fine!!! Don’t tthrow away!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:20 pm
Are y'all sure???
Thanks...maybe I'll try it...

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:52 pm
Estreya - that's why you need a neighbor (who is home) with a key! When I had kids at home, I took the modem with me when we left the house (even though there were passwords etc.)

Once I forgot, so I called my neighbor (combination, no key needed) to go in and take the modem to her house.

(Of course this was before the days of wireless hotspots everywhere...)

estreya

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:04 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Estreya - that's why you need a neighbor (who is home) with a key! When I had kids at home, I took the modem with me when we left the house (even though there were passwords etc.)

Once I forgot, so I called my neighbor (combination, no key needed) to go in and take the modem to her house.

(Of course this was before the days of wireless hotspots everywhere...)

LOL - trust me that was the FIRST thing I thought to do but my neighbour was also at work. I couldn't believe I did what I did; I'm extremely organized and precise (most of the time). I felt more of an idiot because I got everything ready for the brisket and then after dropping off at daycare I realized I hadn't even turned on the slow cooker. I had to rush home to turn it on. Usually, I put it on high for an hour and switch to low. I was operating on auto-pilot and rushing without realizing that ... duhh ... I wasn't going to be around in an hour to turn it down Can't Believe It Then to have to ask my boss to go back home right after I got into work Confused Fun times LOL LOL

How we have moved on from modem days. I wouldn't even have thought to have taken it. You're good Laugh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics