Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kosher Supermarket opened in BP where Pathmark used to be
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
They stopped doing any deliveries because of bad weather... Huh???!!!

People dont eat in bad weather?

Theyre not located in Buffalo NY with 20 inches of snow.

Why arent they doing deliveries since the bad weather started (customer service person said that in the store)?

Where did you get this information from?
They never did deliveries at all.
Shimon's Express which is completely unaffiliated with Bingo provided delivery services for a separate charge for a short time. They stopped because they said they're not equipped to handle the volume.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:15 pm
Why would a store that sells various products, each with a different certified hechsher, need its own hechsher?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
JOOC whose hechsher is the store under?

I'm 99% sure there is no hechsher on the whole store.
Each department may have their own though. But there is no hechsher on the repackaging afaik.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
Where did you get this information from?
They never did deliveries at all.

Guy at Customer Service counter didnt say a word about any other company. He said they stopped deliveries when bad weather began.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
Guy at Customer Service counter didnt say a word about any other company. He said they stopped deliveries when bad weather began.

I'm confused. Were you actually in the store? Scratching Head There were signs from Shimon's Express at the checkout counters. First, that they are going to do deliveries for a fee and now that they stopped as they realized that they can't handle the volume.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Why would a store that sells various products, each with a different certified hechsher, need its own hechsher?

Repacking any items

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:52 pm
What about chicken/meat? Do they Repackage?

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
I'm confused. Were you actually in the store?

I called multiple times to confirm that theyre doing deliveries. There was no answer. Got recording every time. I decided to go. I walked in and asked if theyre doing deliveries. Cust Serv person said NO, no deliveries since bad weather started. Not a word about any other company involvement.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:30 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I wonder how the person who has been posting negative information about Bingo, and claims to have no relationship to KRM, (I) knows that KRM was offered the opportunity [to what, rent the former Pathmark site? enter into a joint venture with Osher Ad?] first; (ii) knows how much rent Bingo is paying; and (iii) has inside information as to the thoughts and strategies of the owners of KRM.

OP here.

No Im not from the Binik family and I have nothing to do with KRM or any other supermarket, other than being a customer, and I got used to Bingo. I love their huge selection of Organic produce that NO other BP Supermarkets have, so I go twice a week. I also like their Salmon.

But,

They still dont carry Tofutti cream cheese, or any interesting Pareve Ice cream (like the So Delicious brand that other kosher supermarkets are selling) and they dont sell the Gefen no salt added Tomato sauce and Tomato juice that almost all kosher supermarkets sell, their nuts and chocolates are not dated with a "packed on" date, these come to mind, etc. And still no deliveries. Why?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:37 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
OP here.

No Im not from the Binik family (I was accused of that on this thread), and I got used to the store. I love their huge selection of Organic produce that NO other BP Supermarkets have, so I go twice a week. I also like their Salmon.

But,

They still dont carry Tofutti cream cheese, or any interesting Pareve Ice cream (like the So Delicious brand that other kosher supermarkets are selling) and they dont sell the Gefen no salt added Tomato sauce and Tomato juice that almost all kosher supermarkets sell, their nuts and chocolates are not dated with a "packed on" date. And still no deliveries. Why?

This is an old thread. I think that they only stock items that they can pass on a discount. Personally I have fun shopping there but there is such a thing as too much halva.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:41 am
southernbubby wrote:
This is an old thread. I think that they only stock items that they can pass on a discount. Personally I have fun shopping there but there is such a thing as too much halva.

Rolling Laughter

Im the OP and I wanted to update my opinion of the store.

Im addicted to Halva actually, but only certain brands, covered in chocolate, like Joyva thats OU now I think, or Shufra, and only when its sold in closed packages.

unexpected

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 1:04 pm
Pardas is for sure the best choc covered halvah

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 1:06 pm
unexpected wrote:
Pardas is for sure the best choc covered halvah

I really like Bingo pistachio halva.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 2:14 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I really like Bingo pistachio halva.

Am I the only one that won’t buy from their open products that are laying out?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 3:28 pm
cnc wrote:

I bought it packaged but I agree with you about the stuff that has to be weighed.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:54 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I bought it packaged but I agree with you about the stuff that has to be weighed.

What's the problem with the open bulk stuff?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:11 pm
southernbubby wrote:

That place is scary with the open baskets of candy, nuts, and vats of olives that you take by yourself and then have weighed. Some people were seen there sticking their bare hands into the olives and nuts and eating and eating, with their hands. Gross.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:13 pm
cnc wrote:

No and I just explained why! I saw too many gross things going on therer with people sticking their hands into the open food and eating away. Can you imagine someone sticking their hands into olives in liquid? This is what I saw!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:21 pm
And still no normal coffee

BJ and Costco have great discounts on kcups
Why can't bingo
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics