Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Job offer

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:35 pm
I got offered a job once a week for an hour and 15 minutes after my main job.
its like a half hour away from where I would be leaving from, and like 18 minutes the way back, $75 a day. its only once a week, but do you think its worth it? its not such a hard job.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:38 pm
Only you can figure that out. What are you giving up to do this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:39 pm
nothing just being a bit more tired and coming home later which gives me less time to cook dinner
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Only you can figure that out. What are you giving up to do this?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 8:46 pm
I might do it, depending on if I actually wanted to, because I am pregnant and could use more money.

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:31 pm
Figure the travel time into the working time and see if it's worth it. Ex 75 for 2 hours of work/commute isn't bad, objectively, if all you're doing is coming home later one day. Especially if it's cash. I would do something like that and put the money aside for something.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
nothing just being a bit more tired and coming home later which gives me less time to cook dinner

Will you still have enough time to make dinner? Are you already tired - so this bit more will push you over the edge?

Money is a good thing to have - doesn't sound like you are giving up to much to get it.

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 9:26 pm
My husband does that! An hour on Sunday mornings for 50 bucks and an hour on Monday evenings for 50 bucks. He doesn't love the job, but it's another $200 a month or so that we need, so..... he muddles through. In my case I'm in charge of the kids while he's there--- -can your husband be in charge of the kids while you're there or do you need to pay a sitter? Plan ahead for dinner---- that night could be crock pot night or leftovers night.

Now if only his main job could pay $50 an hour!

shirachadasha

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:03 pm
Can you utilize the travel time?
For example, listen to a shiur, daven, call a house-bound relative?

penguin

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:08 pm
And put up dinner in a crockpot! Prep everything the night before and just turn on the crockpot before you leave.

(For some recipes, turn on high when you wake up and lower before you leave the house, but LEAVE A NOTE ON YOUR FRONT DOOR! See thread where somebody got to work and had to run home so as not to ruin her expensive roast!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics