Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
2nd cut brisket

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:52 am
does anyone have a good, both "adult and kid friendly" brisket recipe?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:11 am
Beer brisket (google "busy in brooklyn beer brisket")
"bubbe's brisket" from kosher.com

cbg

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:22 am
Take the brisket and rinse and pat it dry

Slice one exlarge onion and cover the bottom of the pan
Place brisket on top fat side up
Season with salt and pepper

In a container take
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup of dehydrated onions
1 cup hot water

This is my version of onion soup mix- alternatively you can use 1 pkg onion soup mix
with 1 cup of water

Taste the “soup” mix and add more salt if needed

Pour on to brisket so that the onion bits are on top of the brisket

Foil and bake for about 3 hrs at 350

Cool overnight
Slice

Heat the liquid
Take an immersion blender and blend all the onions smooth
Taste and adjust seasoning
Simmer until reduce to 1/2

cbg

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:25 am
cbg wrote:
Take the brisket and rinse and pat it dry

Slice one exlarge onion and cover the bottom of the pan
Place brisket on top fat side up
Season with salt and pepper

In a container take
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup of dehydrated onions
1 cup hot water

This is my version of onion soup mix- alternatively you can use 1 pkg onion soup mix
with 1 cup of water

Taste the “soup” mix and add more salt if needed

Pour on to brisket so that the onion bits are on top of the brisket

Foil and bake for about 3 hrs at 350

Cool overnight
Slice

Heat the liquid
Take an immersion blender and blend all the onions smooth
Taste and adjust seasoning
Simmer until reduce to 1/2

There’s also A coke brisket recipe but I never tried it

ces

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:49 am
ChasdeiHashem1 wrote:
does anyone have a good, both "adult and kid friendly" brisket recipe?

I have a not necessarily difficult but long, multi-step, complicated recipe for smoked brisket that can be done in the oven and that is just incredible, absolutely worth the hassle. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post

frosting

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:21 am
ces wrote:
I have a not necessarily difficult but long, multi-step, complicated recipe for smoked brisket that can be done in the oven and that is just incredible, absolutely worth the hassle. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post

PLEASE can you post???!!

Sounds heaven!

Thank you

shmosmom

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:34 am
ces wrote:

Hmm maybe I want to make it too. I have a go to but I do it every SHabbos, don't mind switching it up.
My go to brisket would be:

1 3lb beef brisket, trimmed of fat
1 onion, thinly sliced
salt
pepper
1 12 oz can beer
1 12 oz can tomato based chili sauce (can just use reg tomato sauce)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Season brisket on all sides with salt and pepper and place in roasting pan.
Cover with layer of sliced onions. In a medium bowl, mix together beer, chili sauce and brown
sugar. Pour over brisket and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 3 hours. Remove from
oven and let brisket cool slightly. Slice the meat thinly and place back in roasting pan. Spoon
the sauce over the sliced meat and reheat in oven until the meat is completely hot.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:42 am
With thanks to food.com:

1 2nd cut brisket

1 cup ketchup

1/2 cup water

1 onion, chopped

Onion soup mix (or 1/4 cup dried onion flakes, 2 tablespoons low-sodium beef bouillon granules, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes, 1/8 teaspoon celery seed, 1/8 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, if you prefer)

Pour over brisket. Bake at 350 for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. (I use the Instant Pot / pressure cooker for about 60-70 minutes.)

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:25 am
All I'm going to say is this: You imamothers told me about second-cut brisket and how to cook it. And I followed your instructions. And it came out so tender, so mouth-wateringly delicious, that some of us started snacking on it after it was done yesterday. And now I have to buy and cook another brisket. I hope you're all happy. Very Happy

estreya

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:30 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
All I'm going to say is this: You imamothers told me about second-cut brisket and how to cook it. And I followed your instructions. And it came out so tender, so mouth-wateringly delicious, that some of us started snacking on it after it was done yesterday. And now I have to buy and cook another brisket. I hope you're all happy. Very Happy

We only ever have 2nd cut brisket. It's really the best in terms of flavour and end result. First cut is just too dry without the fat and nobody likes it much. I just made a 6 kilogram one the other day and froze it sliced right away to keep it from disappearing! Laugh

Levtov

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:37 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Which one did you make?

ces

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 10:02 am
This is adapted from Amazing Ribs

Start by salting your second cut brisket with kosher salt and let it sit in the fridge, loosely covered, for 24 hours. If you don't have enough time for this step, that's fine. You can also inject some chicken soup with a hypodermic meat injector needle, do this in your sink because it will squirt.

Mix up some big bad beef rub:
3 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper

1 tablespoon granulated white sugar

1 tablespoon onion powder

2 teaspoons mustard powder

2 teaspoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons chili or ancho powder

1 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder

Brush brisket lightly with oil and season very generously with the spice rub. If you like a smoked flavor, rub on some liquid smoke together with the oil.

Place in a pan and cook uncovered at 225 for a long, long time, until the internal temperature hits about 150 degrees. I often do this overnight. If internal temperature goes higher than 150 that's fine.

Remove from pan, wrap tightly in heavy duty foil, and return to oven at 225 for a few more hours until internal temperature hits 203 degrees. You should be able to feel the difference when sticking a fork or the thermometer in, it will have little to no resistance.

Take it out of the oven but keep wrapped. Wrap in towels and put in a cooler for a few hours. This further tenderizes it without cooking it more. If you time it right, it all sit through the rest of the day and be perfect temp to serve at the night meal.

If you prefer to serve at a later meal, still do the last step, then refrigerate after a few hours. Either rewarm by putting it in a Ziploc bag with air squeezed out and warming gently in a pot of hot water, or by rewarming tightly wrapped in the oven. Slice thinly and enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics