Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Is this a part of toilet training?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 8:39 am
This is happening with my son and happened with my nephew and I want to know if it is common. He was toilet trained 2 months ago. No accidents since then. All of a sudden now he sits there and does the "potty dance" (he has to go) but if you ask him if he needs to he says no. And he throws a fit if you make him go. But when he finally does go, or you make him go, he wet his underwear already. It seems like it is just laziness. With my nephew who is a bit older and trained before, it eventually passed. I am hoping the same with my son. Did anyone else have this?

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 8:50 am
there's gotta be potty time so he doesn't forget ... they get so engrossed in what they are doing they almost refuse to go ... don't wait till that happens ... and don't give him a choice to wait ... it prevents a lot of accidents ... but yes it is all normal ...

GAMZu

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 12:43 pm
I was like that. LOL
I never wanted to be pulled away from my activities so I waited till it was too late, and kept saying I don't need to go when asked.
I guess you can try to remind him between activities.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 1:09 pm
Even when he is involved in nothing this is the case. And even when I KNOWS he has to go - he is dancing around - he says he doesnt need to.

shoy18

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 1:11 pm
Try and make a game out of it, sometimes my ds refuses to go and I know he has to I tell him Im going to count to 15 and see if he can go before time is up, he usually goes running!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training