Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o What "luxury" do you wish you had?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

yerushamama

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:04 am
A house with enough bedroom, bathroom, and dining space for my whole extended family - parents, in-laws, and married kids - for every simcha and just whenever!

Aylat

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:00 am
Full-time housekeeper.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:14 am
yo'ma wrote:
I didn't post on the other thread, but I think I can live without most luxuries that I have. Like I told my sister, it's good that I don't mind making things from scratch because moving here would have been very difficult with cooking. Now they have a lot more anyway. Things that others call luxuries, I call necessities, like someone wrote running water and a washing machine.

This is what luxury do you wish you had? Since most people wrote a cleaning lady is their favorite luxury, that would probably be the number one answer. I'm also writing this because my back and most of my muscles are killing me so I would say a masseuse at my beck and call!! Very Happy

Swimming Pool. Just need to move somewhere else and this would be a reality as we live in a place with extortionate house prices.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:30 am
A toilet right near my bed so I don’t need to blearily walk the million steps til the bathroom 5 times during the night cuz my baby is jumping on my bladder

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:07 pm
I wish I could move out to a bigger apartment.

lora

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:28 pm
Vacation

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:43 pm
Good health insurance
A house
Cleaning help several days a week, the kind that is reliable and does a thorough job
Ability to order take out
2 new wigs
Money for counseling + someone that knows how to help me with my phobias!
Vacation + someone to watch my kids
Less job stress

keepfighting

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 1:27 am
Free therapy sessions for as long as I need them
Composing songs
Writing a book
Learn how to swim
Win the lottery and donate most for charity and pay off the bills.

mmesti

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 9:57 pm
Savings. Lots of savings.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:03 pm
A toilet on the main floor of my house (ie where the living room/dining room/kitchen is). Most people would consider that a necessity but my house doesn't have it so it's a luxury for me.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:18 pm
A huge bathtub that lets the water cover all of me at once!

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:22 pm
I'd want to travel. I have family in Israel that I never get to see, would love to see different parts of the US and Europe. Right now I can't even afford to renew my passport (as much as I acknowledge that it would be prudent to do in this political climate)

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:39 pm
Time and money to shop in regular stores and purchase regular items and have the money on hand to pay for them, not the way I function now with post dating checks or resorting to tzedakah for basics and not then not purchasing myself anything new at all bec it's all used up for other expenses.
Luxury of having shorter work hours, more days off, especially when kids are off and in summer, Erev YT, time to make healthy proper supper every day, instead of making in advance or when come home or making do with simple meal.
FRIENDS! Yes, I wish I had more friends, especially in neighborhood, ppl my type who are interested in me. Somehow, over the years, I lost touch with most of my friends. BH we're all busy, live far from each other and don't have much time to socialize. Shabbos afternoon, I crave company and join whichever women are outside but they're all so not my type and so can't relate to me...
Ability to get pregnant without intervention, ahh can't even imagine!
Loving non judgemental easy warm parents and siblings whom I can share anything with and would always accept and approve me for who I am and my husband and children for who they are. Sadly, I have to stay away from them and keep basic relationship.
In laws with normal house and some extra money. Sadly, they live so simply and never have an extra penny to spare. when we visit, it's very uncomfortable, although they try their best with what they have and can also never help us out, even with $20.
Skinny figure, and not constantly battling my weight and cringing when I look in the mirror and see an old ugly overworked outdated woman.
Time for exercise, socializing, shopping, cooking, just being a regular mother and wife, daughter and sister.
Time and money for vacation every once in a blue, I dream of a trip to Florida or EY, maybe just with my husband, ahhh just the thought of Succos in EY!
But bh I'm so thankful for everything I do have, many of which money can't buy.
Thanks for letting me share!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I wish I had enough money for me not to work and still be able to buy extras"" and put away savings for my kids weddings, braces etc...

I wish I had emotional support/respect/valued and love/warmth/caring etc... From those biologically close to me and those related closely.

I wish I can buy regular things like food, new clothing for myself/kids...etc without having to run to different stores to get all the sales. I wish I can buy without thinking twice

I wish for time to focus on my health regarding eating /exercising that I should have enough time and that I can buy a lot of healthier foods...and that my medical syndrome doesn't make it hard for me.

Wow, we're really similar!

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:00 pm
A second bathroom. Even more than a second fridge. Other than that, I'm not into luxury. I can admire it in others but have little desire for it for myself.

But those are genuine luxuries, and you put the word in quotation marks, which means you're referring to things that are not genuine luxuries and maybe not even material things. In which case my luxury would be being able to walk into any store and be able to wear any dress or pair of shoes I try on, without having to have the whole thing taken apart and resewn by a dressmaker. I would love to have the "problem" of choosing which of ten or seven or even three pairs of perfect shoes to buy, rather than have the very easy task of reordering every year the one style of shoe that I can wear, an unflattering, old-ladyish laceup oxford.

Still..."I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet." B"H my clothes don't have to be altered to accommodate a prosthetic arm or an ostomy bag and I don't have to have shoes custom-made to accommodate legs of different lengths or vastly misshapen feet, so I'm good.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:01 pm
I wish we could afford to buy a house, and for me to stay home with my soon-to-be baby. Vacations would be icing on the cake.

professor

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:07 pm
1 Private jet
2 Flying lessons
3 an entire gym - all mine
4 ice skating rink in my backyard
5 Olympic pool
6 swimming lessons
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics