Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If money wasnt an object and your husband is a messy guy...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:53 am
Dh and I are opposites when it comes to neat and messy. Dh realizes that its a lot easier to live in an organized environment. He hates losing things and feels irritated when hes running late because of his own negligence. We have cleaning help every day just for our shalom bayis.. its expensive but the fighting and aggravation isnt worth it. I always fantasize about striking it rich and building his a man cave thats kinda shed like. Id love a place where he can keep alllll his things out of site and out of mind..no more jackets or sforim left around. No more tooks or gadgets. No more headphones or chargers. No more work bags, folders, bills, papers. Anyone relate? Anyone with any good ideas???

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dh and I are opposites when it comes to neat and messy. Dh realizes that its a lot easier to live in an organized environment. He hates losing things and feels irritated when hes running late because of his own negligence. We have cleaning help every day just for our shalom bayis.. its expensive but the fighting and aggravation isnt worth it. I always fantasize about striking it rich and building his a man cave thats kinda shed like. Id love a place where he can keep alllll his things out of site and out of mind..no more jackets or sforim left around. No more tooks or gadgets. No more headphones or chargers. No more work bags, folders, bills, papers. Anyone relate? Anyone with any good ideas???

Purchase a large & deep closet with doors that can be closed. That should help with almost all the stuff except for the jackets.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 9:59 am
Your idea isn't really workable. He isn't going to suddenly decide to go to his cave to take off his jacket. He is also not going to want to go the cave when he wants to get dressed in the morning.

You are basically suggesting that he permanently move out.

The cleaning lady solution is much more practical.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 10:01 am
Op I'm with you!! My dh is as scatterbrained ad they come!! He never remembers where he leaves anything and his stuff is all over the place!!! I'm a perfectionist and neat freak and I worked very hard on myself to look away but it drives me insane! His corner in our bedroom, the study, the tool closet, his stuff.... Nothing has a place where it belongs even if I organize it he doesn't maintain it! I totally understand the position you're in!

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 10:28 am
My friend has this situation.

She has a woman cave which is her sanctuary. It's where she spends all of her time. The bedroom is also very neat and she doesn't allow his mess to accumulate there.

She has learned to deal with the mess and periodically she packs it all up and puts it in storage. If she works it right, he doesn't even notice that the items have been moved away

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 10:44 am
I am the one who is scattered. DH is organized.

Solution: many many many closets dedicated to specific functions, lots of cleaning help, never criticizing the messy spouse, so this way the spouse wants to please.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:09 pm
I am the messier one of the two of us. I fantasize about striking it rich and having cleaning/organization help, so ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics