Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Apology profile

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 6:13 pm
All of these threads about apologizing and forgiveness makes me think about the what your apology profile might be.

Not you specifically .. just wondering if you even knew such a thing exists.

The guy who brought the 5 love languages. Also has 5 languages of apologizing. He teamed up with another doc and wrote the book "when sorry isn't enough"

If you ever feel like someone isn't sincere in an apology maybe take a look at the online quiz and see where they might be coming from.. could be you are just speaking a different language.

Link to book:
https://www.5lovelanguages.com.....ough/

Link to apology profile quiz:
https://www.5lovelanguages.com.....logy/

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 3:46 pm
Make Restitution
In our society, many people believe that wrong acts demand justice. The one who commits the crime should pay for their wrongdoing. A mate who speaks this love language feels the same way towards apologies. They believe that in order to be sincere, the person who is apologizing should justify their actions. The mate who’s been hurt simply wants to hear that their mate still loves them.

There are many effective ways to demonstrate sincerity in an apology. Each mate must learn the other’s love language in order to complete the act of restitution. Though some mates may feel as though all is forgotten with a bouquet of flowers, that may not necessarily work for all mates. Every mate should uncover what their partner’s main love language is (Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Acts of Service, Physical Touch, and Receiving Gifts) and use that specific language in order to make restitutions in the most effective way.

For a mate whose primary apology language is making restitutions, no matter how often you say “I’m sorry”, or “I was wrong”, your mate will never find the apology sincere. You must show strong efforts for making amends. A genuine apology will be accompanied by the assurance that you still love your mate and have a desire to right the wrong-doings committed.

This is me. I don't care to "help" you! when you owe me. Nor do I really care that it is a lesson for "you". Some of those would have me shrug, bark in laughter or even get even sadder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur