Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Dear Teachers, I don't have a square to spare!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 4:47 pm
Living In israel, My Kids end school much earlier.. between 1 and 1:30. There is an option to pay for an after school program where they eat hot lunch, participate in fun activities, and do their homework as well with a competent teacher. This way, when they come home, they are free to relax, eat dinner, shower, get ready for bed without all the stress. I make sure, at night, to look over their work and see what they learned that day to keep me in the loop.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 5:17 pm
im a teacher and my school has a no hw policy with some exceptions (some reading 2 times per week and later on kriah, max 5 min/day, also prep for tests from kita dalet on)

my children go o a different school and they get 4 times per week chol homework: math, reading and writing!
and over shabbos they get kriah, chumash, a story to tell at the shabbestish etc.

my kids do the chol all on their own, when they are in bed I check so I know what they wrote/ where there are up to.

b´´H until now it was never an issue, the teacher compliments them A LOT on their hw, she emphasises how proud she is that her students are so independant etc.

I recently got a phonecall from dc's classmates' mother who cried for 30 minutes that hw is ruining their shalom bays and her kesher to her kids, it takes her 2 hours every nights (school ends at 4.30 and they live 30 minutes away ) so you can imagine the tension and little qualitytime.

it never occured to me that a classmate could struggle so much. I adviced her to talk to the teacher.

turns out the teacher had no idea how terrible the situation was and how much they suffered and now the boy gets less hw.

BUT she also said that he NEEDS the revision and his grades need improvement.

TEALK to your teachers please. for some hw is easy and quick or even fun (like my dc) but for others it may be toruture.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 5:39 pm
Forget homework. My 2 kids in high school already have tests everyday from the 2nd or third week of school. And each subject is a different teacher, kodesh and chol.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics