Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Frum author writes page turner legal thriller

medola

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 6:51 pm
Surprising and satisfying book!
Much more appropriate than most popular fiction yet still an adult book.
Highly recommended!!
Let’s support our orthodox Jewish authors and leave a positive review!

https://www.amazon.com/Risks-T.....PBLS2

cnc

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 8:35 pm
Is it completely appropriate? Can I allow my young (Bais Yaakov) daughter to read it?

medola

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 9:10 pm
It depends on her maturity level. The subject matter is criminal prosecution so there’s some violence. Very minor romantic content (just romantic interest, no kissing). Also no profanity that I can recall.

Last edited by medola on Sat, Sep 21 2019, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 9:10 pm
medola wrote:
It depends on her maturity level. The subject matter is criminal prosecution so there’s some violence. Very minor romantic content (just romantic interest, no kissing). Also no profanity.

Thank you!

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:13 pm
in case anyone is thinking of ordering this book- I finished reading it over Yom Tov. It was not appropriate at all. There was a s-xual encounter in the book that contributes to a nice amount of the plot. I would not let a child read it.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 10:33 pm
thank you for the review cnc -- really appreciate your paying it forward.

I look for "frum" books and am an avid reader and would not want to mistakenly read this thinking it is written by frum for frum

so long as everyone knows what they are getting

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:39 pm
Who is the author?

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 15 2019, 11:45 pm
D. K. Lament

I don’t know whether or not it’s a pen name.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:13 am
Oish! Really upset about this. I purchased it, but didn't even get to open it up yet. Is it bad or just not for kids?

medola

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:16 am
It’s an adult thriller, not a BY read. Very pareve for the genre. No real swearing, no sx (just a set up where nothing happened)... It’s written by a former prosecutor. Deals with crime and has violence. I’d say it’s more a read for the DHs...

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 9:24 am
medola wrote:
It’s an adult thriller, not a BY read. Very pareve for the genre. No real swearing, no sx (just a set up where nothing happened)... It’s written by a former prosecutor. Deals with crime and has violence. I’d say it’s more a read for the DHs...

Hearya, now let's see when I'll have the time to read it... thanks for the info.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:50 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Oish! Really upset about this. I purchased it, but didn't even get to open it up yet. Is it bad or just not for kids?

It’s not something that I would want hanging around my house and I plan on returning it .
I’m pretty sensitive about what I read and was quite annoyed when I read it over Yom Tov.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 10:55 am
medola wrote:
It depends on her maturity level. The subject matter is criminal prosecution so there’s some violence. Very minor romantic content (just romantic interest, no kissing). Also no profanity that I can recall.

There’s no kissing, yet there’s a s-xual encounter (even though it was only a setup ) with pictures of the setup being passed around . Ironic.

I would never assume that the author is Orthodox when reading this book. Orthodox authors should be supported when they publish books for the Orthodox community- not necessarily when they publish mainstream literature.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room