Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Tips for fasting while pregnant, with little kids

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:05 pm
Didn't talk to my Rav yet but wondering if anyone has any tips/good ideas? To prepare, stay hydrated, deal with the kids... Looking into childcare options I'm asking beyond that thanks!!

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:06 pm
Drink loads of Gatorade for the days leading up to the fast, it's a game changer for me.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:07 pm
How many days before and how much would you recommend? I usually do Powerade but do you think vitamin water would be good too (healthier)?

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:19 pm
Yom Kippur Games

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:46 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Yom Kippur Games

This is adorable!! Thanks! Ill try and save this for a few years from now when my kids are a little older (may try one or two of them with my toddler 😀)

mochamix18

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 12:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How many days before and how much would you recommend? I usually do Powerade but do you think vitamin water would be good too (healthier)?

If you’re looking for healthier, especially during pregnancy do coconut water. It’s a natural source of electrolytes

Ima2

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 2:51 am
there is a pill called kali tzom. they have formulations for nursing, pregnant and just regular. sometimes it helped but others not

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 3:04 am
Obviously ask your rav - but I'm really against fasting while pregnant.

So far I fasted twice while pregnant - first time I went into labor one month early that night after the fast, and second time I started bleeding and cramping in the afternoon, was only in 1st trimester. BH I broke the fast then and then was fine. I've never had issues like when not fasting, and I have four kids bH. I also know a rav that used to tell people to fast until his daughter had a preemie after fasting.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 5:47 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Drink loads of Gatorade for the days leading up to the fast, it's a game changer for me.

I used to do that and by one preg felt so sick day after yk bec my sugar intake dropped so suddenly. I literally wasn’t able to stand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur