Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rice water recipe for dearhia recommended by Dr. Roth

lovemywig

Post Wed, Jul 03 2013, 8:34 pm
She has given me the recipe but I sadly didn't write it down. It hs worked wonders n now I am desperate for the recipe again.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2013, 9:14 pm
I don't know what her recipe is, but my mom's recipe (over 40 years old) for diarrhea is 1:7 ratio of rice to water.
Simmer until all water is absorbed and really starchy.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 10:46 am
Bumping this up now as my baby has terrible diarrhea and want to know some info. How to make it, how much to give and how soon will I see results. Thanks

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 11:00 am
White rice only (whole grain is too fibrous for diarrhea). Start with directions on box. But use the 1 cup rice, 7 cups water ratio. Cook for much longer than directed, until all extra water is absorbed. Season with salt to taste.

Feed her small amounts of banana, rice, grated apple that has sat on the counter until brown pectin has appeared, and little sips of tea (BRAT diet). Very very small amounts. See if her stomach can handle it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics