Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me dress my 2 yr old daughter for YT!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:52 pm
I'm so lost Sad Her summer stuff is really summery so I can't even get it away with it for RH. I can't really afford frum store prices (and don't have time to go) but I'm finding this age really hard to shop for online. She needs more shabbosdik looking things than I'm seeing and I haven't started putting her in dresses yet.

If anyone can post a link to anything that's somewhat in style it would be very much appreciated! At this point I'd order from a frum store (instagram or website) even if it means spending the extra money so I know I'm set and I could stop stressing. Just barely have a fashion sense for these things (except for what I don't like of course...) and can use the help. TIA!

Also, what type of shoes can I get her that'll work for both weekday and shabbos? Her sandals are only going to last so much longer. Any links?

(I feel like such a kvetch but I'm so stressed with work and I dont have time for this but she can't wear pjs all YT!!!)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:55 pm
Why don't you put her in a dress? That would really make things a lot easier for you.

behappy2

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:56 pm
Kiddichic has decent prices. Where do you live?

Actually have a cute outfit from my daughter from last year. You can pm me. Be happy to share it. It's size 2.

Last edited by behappy2 on Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:57 pm
I think that dresses for shabbos and YT are perfect. I put my infant in dresses for shabbos cuz it's just so cute. Carters and gap have nice stuff.

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:58 pm
She can wear a short dress with kneesocks for Fall/yom tov & then pair it with leggings for winter

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:00 pm
This is cute: https://kidichicusa.com/collec.....46679

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:01 pm
is there any reason not to put her in a dress? I'm assuming she's walking already? But I'm not in town so I just put my kids in either whatever I like or what I get as hand me downs Wink
what about somethings like
https://www.carters.com/carter......html

https://www.carters.com/carter......html
I might get a solid pair of leggings instead but really I would get a dress so probably wrong person to ask.

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:01 pm
Zaras, next direct.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:03 pm
Or this. https://kidichicusa.com/collec.....78007

Check all colors in the size you need.

oneofakind

There are plenty of hightop shoes that would work for Shabbos too. Just avoid the more casual ones.
Knit leggings are appropriate for Shabbos.

amother
OP

Ok ok I'll look for dresses Smile She juuust turned 2 and is not really out of size 24 months yet which I should have mentioned. Until this season/size I totally did not have such a hard time shopping for her!

I live in the NY area but no time to shop in stores.

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:08 pm
Ali express has white mohair leopard print knit dress

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:08 pm
Thanks for the links indigo and floralwhite! I think I'm just too picky (and broke) to be buying clothes. Can I skip this part of motherhood? But also not have naked kids?

dorothy1

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:15 pm
Try gap, its 40% off right now

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the links indigo and floralwhite! I think I'm just too picky (and broke) to be buying clothes. Can I skip this part of motherhood? But also not have naked kids?

Yes, you can.

Let people know you accept hand-me-downs.

I have only bought a handful of clothing items over the last 15 years.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Yes, you can.

Let people know you accept hand-me-downs.

I have only bought a handful of clothing items over the last 15 years.

I really would take hand me downs and I have in the past for sure! But my crowd is very young (my daughter is almost the oldest of all my friends) so they are hard to come by. I'm not comfortable asking random relatives for hand me downs either unless they offer.

I've also done well in Serendipity and the like but it takes time which I don't have right now.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:43 pm
khaki- I also accept hand me downs but it's not always possible. There have been periods of time when I got most of a specific child's clothing from hand me downs and other times when the same child got none. People give or don't give as they want and as children grow they grow at different speeds so a child that used to be bigger then my dd but not be anymore...

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:52 pm
2 is easy to find online Walmart Carter's target anywhere ...... Plus it's way cheaper to shop at that age I don't know why people spend $$$$ on toddlers I got things at Walmart under $5 they are so cute Boone cares . It's when they need to start dressing tzinous online is an issue.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
2 is easy to find online Walmart Carter's target anywhere ...... Plus it's way cheaper to shop at that age I don't know why people spend $$$$ on toddlers I got things at Walmart under $5 they are so cute Boone cares . It's when they need to start dressing tzinous online is an issue.

Oh people care.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 9:32 pm
How about a fur vest with ribbed leggings?
https://m2.hm.com/m/en_us/prod......html

Or a little tulle skirt with a fitted top?
https://m2.hm.com/m/en_us/prod......html
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics