Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How long to cook a 10 lb. beef breast deckel at what temp?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:40 am
I hardly prepare roast meat. Although I love roasts, I find them way too expensive. However, with yomtov fast approaching, I purchased a 10 lb. beef breast deckle. Now I am wondering how long to bake it for in the oven at at what temp? Also any quick and tasty recipe ideas would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:42 am
Please buy a meat thermometer for a few dollars so you don't ruin your precious meat!
Though generally I bake tightly covered (in a snug pan where the surface of the roast takes up the bottom of the pan so the meat stays juicy) at 300 for 30 minutes per pound. Meat is fully done but still firm. Chill overnight. Slice and store pan liquids separately. Gently reheat in its gravy, slices will continue to soften.

pause

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:46 am
Low and slow for deckel
I do 300 for at least 4 hours. Make sure there's enough liquid (at least 1/3 of pan) and keep covered so that meat stays moist.

When done (up to 6 hours), put in fridge overnight and slice against the grain. Freeze till YT and then warm it up in its liquid.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:52 am
Bake on 250 an hour per lb. It takes long but it's thr softest this way, and the meat does not shrink when using this method.
You can also bake it on 350 for 3 hours covered in parchment paper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen