Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me find the balance

zaftigmom

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 12:38 pm
"A house should be clean enough to be healthy, but messy enough to be happy"

What does that look like in your home?

(Include details for context ie. ages and amount of kids, sahm or working, cleaning help etc.)

Thank you!!!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:39 pm
I think my house mostly fits the bill. Dining room/living room front hall almost always clean. Playroom we pick up almost nightly but during day always a few toys out. Kitchen is wiped down nightly. Sometimes I do leave dishes in sink overnight. Often dishes drying on counter. Sweep a few times a day wash about twice a week. Constantly replace towels once. Wipe/wash toaster, microwave, stove, fridge as needed but mostly once a month with maintenance wipe down as I go along.... A shelf here a burner there. I keep bedrooms pretty empty and tidy once a day. Either in morn or before bed. Vaccum carpets once a week. Bathroom once a week cleaning with as needed maintenance wipes (Clorox wipes are great to keep handy around the toilet)

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 7:50 pm
That will be different for different people but essentially it means that guests are neither grossed out by the dirt nor afraid to walk on the carpet or sit on the couch.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:31 pm
The Chazon Ish zt"l was once asked to what lengths a woman has to go to maintain her home. He answered with a smile "As long as you can still open the front door she's fine."

I think most of us do way better than that! Very Happy

mig100

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:50 pm
I like this thread. Thanks op!!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:52 pm
It's really more about attitude than about a specific level of cleanliness. You should keep your house clean to the best of your ability, but you shouldn't stress out about things being a little messy.

salt

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 6:42 am
I can have a sink full of dishes and pots, but I like it to be neatly piled in the sink. Not everything all precariously balanced.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics