Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

shmosmom

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:37 pm
Hi All!
Starting this thread so we can share some pet peeves. I think it's helpful to know what people's pet peeves are, so others can beware of them.
Mine is when people don't say bless you after someone else sneezes. Doesn't matter who it is, it's no big deal to say bless you after someone sneezes.
Not a big deal if someone doesn't say it, but to me I'm always like "Why didn't they say bless you"
I also hate when people burp and don't say excuse me. I have one friend who refuses to, she says she won't excuse herself for a bodily function. My toddler knows to say excuse me, please and thank you. I expect adults to as well.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:44 pm
When you have company for a Shabbos or Yom Tov meal and they start (and finish) eat before the host/ess even gets to the table.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:48 pm
When people scrape the plate with their fork.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:49 pm
People who don't say "good bye" before hanging up the phone.

That moment when you realize that you've been talking for at least a minute, and there's nothing but dead air on the other end.

simba

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:51 pm
When someone (maybe dh, maybe not!) takes out the garbage and doesn’t put a new clean bag into the bin!

Last edited by simba on Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:04 pm
People who pretend they're doing you a favor by giving them something they want. "If you have a like-new Uppa Baby Vista stroller -- black only -- that you no longer need, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. Like new only."

People who are clueless that not everyone is rich, and lives in a huge home. "Has anyone managed to keep a kosher in a kitchen without an island? Is that even possible?" Yeah, like countless generations of families.

People who ghost others.

People who dox others.

People who cut in line at stores.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:06 pm
Chewing loudly. Raaaa

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:07 pm
Public speakers who start with "ok, so." You've just announced to the world that you began speaking before you began thinking.

Saying "yes,yes,no no" when you mean either yes or no, but not both.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:08 pm
pets Wink

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:37 pm
People who give excuses, instead of being honest

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:41 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
People who give excuses, instead of being honest

Yeeesss, I hate excuses, even if they're being honest, just excuse yourself, without blaming on a million different unrelated events!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:54 pm
Disease lo alenu

Hatred

Asking a question and saying the reply lies

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:07 pm
Not using serving utensils!! So gross. Or even worse, when the host doesn't put them out.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:17 pm
Kids (or anyone) riding a bike or electric scooter/hover board without a helmet or a helmet that’s not adjusted or tightened or worn incorrectly. That goes hand-in-hand with car safety, seatbelts, car seats, no extra passengers, etc.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:27 pm
This one is really silly and I've never heard of anyone else who is bothered by it which is why I'm going anon.

You know how Yaaleh v'yavo is printed in most benchers with a choice of which chag to insert with vertical lines to separate the options? I get annoyed when each choice says hazeh with it. Just print the word once at the end! I promised myself that if I ever give out benchers at a simcha I will look for ones that aren't repetitive like that. Of course, when it came to my wedding I wasn't along when the benchers were ordered and sure enough they have the repeated hazeh. Grrrr.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:29 pm
When someone won't admit they might be wrong.

Putting second graders in the front seat of the car.

When kids are rewarded for davening or bentching loudly with their finger on the place vs quietly with their finger on the place.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:15 pm
shmosmom wrote:
Hi All!
Starting this thread so we can share some pet peeves. I think it's helpful to know what people's pet peeves are, so others can beware of them.
Mine is when people don't say bless you after someone else sneezes. Doesn't matter who it is, it's no big deal to say bless you after someone sneezes.
Not a big deal if someone doesn't say it, but to me I'm always like "Why didn't they say bless you"
I also hate when people burp and don't say excuse me. I have one friend who refuses to, she says she won't excuse herself for a bodily function. My toddler knows to say excuse me, please and thank you. I expect adults to as well.

First, people who don’t use the tongs or gloves in stores and stick their hands into common foods (loose nuts, candy, rolls, bakery items, etc)!

And just yesterday I saw something that grossed me out! I saw 3 different frum men drive by me with their fingers up their noses! Do they really think no one sees? Or don’t care? 🤪

Also women who daven in Shul loudly and even read the parsha along with the baal koreh so that we can hear her!

And women who wear too much perfume! Gag. Dab it don’t drown in it.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:36 pm
When people do you a favor but are expecting a favor in return . When it’s always tit for tat.

When someone calls me to have a phone conversation but chooses to talk to their kids the entire time instead . You shouldn’t be calling me then.

When people don’t flush the toilet after using it

When people put their pets feelings before the feelings of people.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:45 pm
The lack of nutritious food and abundance of junk food at schools, parties, day camps, shuls, everywhere, every day, all the time. And the lack of awareness of how damaging this is.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:45 pm
When people say “between you and I”
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette