Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
I love my new Evergreen Yom tov planner

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:24 pm
This is my first Tishrei in Monsey and have decided that if you can't get an Evergreen Yom tov planner, you should make your own.
Here's why:

It is important to keep track of how much you use every year and what was a hit (or a miss) who came, how much you spent and what went right and what went wrong.

Save the planner and next year read what you recorded to make sure that you don't repeat the same mistakes and that you do repeat success.

Cheshire cat

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:31 pm
LOVE the evergreen planner!
I wait for it every year!

little neshamala

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:34 pm
And this year's one has some really cool tips! And recipes that I would actually use! Woohoo!

leapyearbaby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:43 pm
How much do you have to spend to get it?

applesbananas

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:45 pm
Yasss!! I absolutely love mine. 1st time using it. No going back after this...

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 3:47 pm
leapyearbaby wrote:

It was sent in the mail.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 10:47 pm
Can you get it if you're not in Monsey? What is it that's such a big deal?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:56 pm
seeker wrote:
Can you get it if you're not in Monsey? What is it that's such a big deal?

I think that Evergreen is also in Lakewood.

The planner is beautifully laid out so that you can organize menus for every meal and from that you can make the shopping list which goes in the book. It is nice enough to save from year to year. You can try calling customer service to see how you could get one. I hope that there is a way to get a hold of one.
It also has recipes and table settings.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:58 pm
I'm not in Lakewood either! I wonder if there's a PDF online or something. Doesn't sound too complicated to just make it, but I think the advantage is for those of us who just wouldn't make it...

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:02 am
seeker wrote:
I'm not in Lakewood either! I wonder if there's a PDF online or something. Doesn't sound too complicated to just make it, but I think the advantage is for those of us who just wouldn't make it...

Years ago, Yael made one that you can print with lists for each kid. It was very useful also. Ask her if she can re-post it.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:04 am
southernbubby wrote:
This is my first Tishrei in Monsey and have decided that if you can't get an Evergreen Yom tov planner, you should make your own.
Here's why:

It is important to keep track of how much you use every year and what was a hit (or a miss) who came, how much you spent and what went right and what went wrong.

Save the planner and next year read what you recorded to make sure that you don't repeat the same mistakes and that you do repeat success.

My interest is piqued! First, I googled Evergreen.... is the planner made out of bark? The I discovered it's a STORE! But in Monsey! Sooooo not in my neck of the woods.....

So I ask, SB, what makes these planners special? Can you upload a sample page?

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:11 am
leapyearbaby wrote:

I happened to be by the mailboxes yesterday when the mail was being delivered. Everyone on the block got a planner. I know who doesn't shop there because of the delivery trucks and grocery boxes. They still got.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:03 am
seeker wrote:

Driven Day has an awesome PDF to print out for each chag - a very detailed planner. I print it out for myself for each chag every year. Go to their website - they have tons of free printable PDFs. (I have zero affiliation with them, I just really love these free planner PDFs!)

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:27 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
My interest is piqued! First, I googled Evergreen.... is the planner made out of bark? The I discovered it's a STORE! But in Monsey! Sooooo not in my neck of the woods.....

So I ask, SB, what makes these planners special? Can you upload a sample page?

I don't know how to do that with a phone but because it is sturdy, it can be saved from year to year to help plan future Yomim Tovim.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:43 am
I never used the planner itself but I have torn out the recipes and saved them and now this year I made a few of those recipes. I didn’t receive the new one this year.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:47 am
I think that it's a cute family project to make your own to keep from year to year.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:27 pm
I think it's a great planner too! I'm loving it. Writing on each Friday that I need chicken soup, kugel, farfel, cholent and so on. Like that I know how many containers I should try to aim for in the freezer. I think it's a genius marketing technique.

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:50 pm
I found an old pesach one on issuu (I was curious also)

https://issuu.com/eleonarddesi.....pages
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics