Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shofar blowing in Brooklyn coming to apartment

jkw

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:09 am
My DIL can't get out to shul with 3 little kids. Is there an organization I can put her in touch with that will come and blow for them? Located near Shop Smart in Brooklyn. TIA

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:32 am
jkw wrote:
My DIL can't get out to shul with 3 little kids. Is there an organization I can put her in touch with that will come and blow for them? Located near Shop Smart in Brooklyn. TIA

there are organizations for the sick and elderly. for young children there are generally different shofar blowing hours to accomodate.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:55 am
https://collive.com/shofar-com.....me-2/
I wonder if they can send someone to your daughter?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:17 am
Local chabad

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:00 am
Can she go to a later blowing after her DH comes home? Or take turns with a neighbor.
Shofar blowing in the house is typically reserved for the sick and disabled because it takes a long time and keeps the blower from returning to his home.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:22 am
Shuls typically have later blowing for moms and kids. All 100 tekios. She should see what is offered. I can’t imagine somebody would be making rounds to every house with young children, that would be quite a bit!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:09 am
If she has three small children, this can't be the first year that she has had to deal with a similar issue. I mean, presumably last year she had two small children. (Unless she had twins this year?). What has she done in previous years?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries