Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Neatzitzis

Mandy

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 1:15 am
Have you heard of these ? These are like undershirts with tzitzis attached to them. They are usually worn by little boys. I was asked about whether they are okay or not. Minhag chabad and any other opinions/comments welcome.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 2:55 am
For little boys under Bar Mitzvah age, or atleast to age nine minhag chabad it's fine to wear. Mine never really like them not sure why Scratching Head
Afterwards they wear the woolen kinds.

chavamom

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 3:10 am
I've been told the ones that are made like regular talis katan that have snaps on the side are not a problem. There is a similar type that is a t-shirt with a vent at the bottom (I don't know a better way to describe it, but the bottom is like a 'polo shirt' type hem with 4 corners made only on the few inches at the bottom). These I've been told are a sheila.

chavamom

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 3:14 am
Since my description was so bad, here is a link. That type is made like a regular t-shirt and it is the type I've been told is a sheila.

Mandy

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 9:23 am
okay Chava mom. Thanks. Do you know what is the problem with the undershirt kind ? Did you ever try the snap buttons one ? Is it better /neater than the regular kind ? Freilich, which ones are you writing about ? I did not even know there were two kinds.

imaamy

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 9:57 am
My son wears the neatzits. He is short so even the small traditional ones hang down on him and my husband says he looks like a waiter. Lots of kids at my school wear them including Rabbi's kids. I was them in Woolite. The teeshirt material keeps the shape better and I would imagine it is more comfortable for them.

gryp

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 11:34 am
Quote:
For little boys under Bar Mitzvah age, or atleast to age nine minhag chabad it's fine to wear. Mine never really like them not sure why
Afterwards they wear the woolen kinds.

freilich, are you sure? I cant think of a reason why except chinuch as to why they cant wear them, but have you ever seen lubavitch kids wearing them? I never have, ive seen only the woolen chabad tzitzis or the cotton regular ones but never the t-shirt kind. Confused

Motek

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 5:24 pm
you're supposed to wear an undershirt UNDER the tzitzis (so the garment that absorbs the sweat is the undershirt), so isn't it a problem if neatzitz is a combo - undershirt with tzitzis on it?

do any rabbis give their haskamos on it?

chavamom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 6:58 pm
Motek wrote:
you're supposed to wear an undershirt UNDER the tzitzis (so the garment that absorbs the sweat is the undershirt), so isn't it a problem if neatzitz is a combo - undershirt with tzitzis on it?

The neatzitzis aren't an undershirt - they are made with t-shirt material and have one snap at the side. They fit better, are more comfortable, stay tucked in better. My boys wear them and yes, they wear an undershirt underneath. They have a hechsher, but I don't remember who gives it. The local kollel sells them here and most of the 'yeshivish' kids are wearing them.

The 'perftzit' that I linked to are an undershirt with tzitzis attatched. My understanding is that there is a shaila of it not being 'arba konfos' b/c of the way it is made with a vent at the bottom. My husband says that the vent is not big enough to create a halachic four cornered garment. Not sure if that is all shitas but that is what he told me.

Motek

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 7:41 pm
the original poster described it differently

chavamom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2005, 8:10 pm
The link I provided above is for the 'perftzit' this is the neatzit. You can't really tell from the picture, but it is like a regular talis katan with one snap on either side.

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 4:21 am
never realized it could be a problem I see a lot of people buying it here but wearing undershirts under it I don't know if they do.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 9:48 pm
supermom wrote:
never realized it could be a problem I see a lot of people buying it here but wearing undershirts under it I don't know if they do.

I don't know that everyone says that you have to wear an undershirt under them.

Picture of neatzit that happend to show up with an ad in my e-mail today, with the OU hekhsher prominantly shown.

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 6:12 am
yep seen those all around here in israel. wonder if it is a minhag or a halacha that you need to wear an undershirt underneath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics