Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women in Healthcare: Skipping meals isnt unhealthy for most?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 9:52 pm
Professional Women in Healthcare: Skipping meals isnt unhealthy for most? True or false? :

"If skipping meals is bad, then why do experts say intermittent fasting is healthy?

Because the people who claim that skipping meals is bad are not experts. They have not looked at the research. The idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day originally came from a magazine edited by one of the Kellogg's (the breakfast cereal people). The hypothesis that eating 6 small meals a day revs your metabolism was a good hypothesis in that it sounded like it made sense, except there has never been a single study that shows it to be true. It comes down to how many calories you eat. To lose weight, you must take in fewer calories than your body uses. If it is easier for you to take in fewer calories by spreading your meals throughout the day and eating small, low calorie meals, do that. If it is easier to just eat one big high calorie meal, do that. The only people who skipping a meal might be dangerous for are people who are already underweight and have trouble eating big meals, as doing so might make them eat too few calories and lose more weight. For overweight people or people at a healthy weight, skipping meals, at least occasionally, is a healthy practice."

https://www.quora.com/If-skipp.....althy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:48 am
Is skipping meals unhealthy?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:55 am
It depends on the person and any other conditions . I always have done best with small frequent meals .

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:06 pm
I am the queen of skipping meals. I just forget to eat. I'm fine. No prob.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:21 pm
Intake on the day matters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise