Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you prefer salmon hot or cold?

Do you prefer salmon hot or cold?
hot  
 48%  [ 38 ]
room temperature  
 51%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 79

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:03 pm
I've been off salmon for a while because I starting hating the soft slimy texture.

I tried some cold today from the fridge (still fresh, was made a few hours before) and it was delicious. Perfect texture and tasty. So happy I can start eating it again because I've been running out of healthy lunch ideas.

Wondering if I'm the only one who prefers it like this?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:23 pm
Hmmm not sure what happened to the third poll option, was meant to be hot, room temperature and cold.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:24 pm
If your salmon is slimy, might want to shop elsewhere.

gumby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:26 pm
Actually only like it raw

honeymoon

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:48 pm
Cooked, I like it cold.

Baked, I like it hot or room temperature.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 7:07 pm
Hot, if you're referring to temp. Not, if you're referring to spice level. More specifically, warm. If you're talking about an ima color, I like all types of salmons, all opinions, all the time. That goes for all the other colors too..

Seriously speaking, the worst thing you can do with salmon is serve it dried out. Hot, warm or cold, it becomes almost inedible. So remember if you plan on warming it, underbake a bit. It continues to cook a bit, even out of the oven..

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:23 am
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Fresh salmon, right off the boat!

IMHO, there is no bad way to serve salmon. Raw, cold, room temp, hot, teriyaki, baked, broiled, fried, in patties - bring on the salmon!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hmmm not sure what happened to the third poll option, was meant to be hot, room temperature and cold.

For next time, you have to click on update after each time including the last one before you post. You can ask a mod to add it if you want.

How do I like my salmon? Any which way is good for me, but the best is when someone else makes it Wink .

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:42 am
I eat it both hot & cold ~ spicy & simple ...

from what you are describing as "slimy", I imagine you might like it more well done

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:11 am
As others posted, I have never had well cooked fresh salmon that I would describe as having a "slimy" texture. I have had overcooked salmon which becomes very dry and tasteless but salmon - or at least good salmon - is best when it is not overdone.

I like salmon done anyway as long as the cook has prepared it properly - salmon sushi from sushi grade fish; poached salmon served cold; cooked salmon served hot/warm immediately after taking from the stove or oven. I don't like canned salmon at all though but I do like a well made tuna salad.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:20 am
Cooked salmon/shabbos fish I like cold.
Baked & grilled I like warm or room temperature.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:28 am
hot if cooked
cold if smoked

lucky14

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:06 pm
Cold!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen