Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Best way to travel with a set Wig?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:42 am
HI there,
What's the best way to travel with a wig done up already for a wedding?
Is it worth buying one of those travel cases with a head?
Please give your tips and tricks of how to keep my sheitel set as I won't have time to have it blow dried again before the wedding...

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:49 am
I'm pretty sure that is your best bet ... this way you put it on fresh & it didn't fall all over your car or however you travel ... or get windblown if you wear it ...

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:52 am
There's a way of stuffing the net with tissues and folding the hair in half over the face of the wig. You can neatly put it into a shoe box and you're good to go. Like that it's compact and doesn't have room to move all over. Unless it's really a way out style that'll get ruined. It works for most I think. maybe ask your wig stylist to do it for you.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:04 am
If it's for a wedding and you have room while traveling definitely get a wig case. You need to have the hair dresser pin in to the head in a way that the hair won't move even when the box is jostled. They use lots of T pins to hold the waves and shapes in place.

If you have to pack it in your suitcase then fold the hair into the cap and place gently into tissue paper and place in a shoe box. You will need to bring along a curling iron in case you need to touch it up (I had to do that).

My mom wears the wig while she travels and sets it on a small head on the table tray in front of her if she wants to switch to a snood sometime during the flight.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
HI there,
What's the best way to travel with a wig done up already for a wedding?
Is it worth buying one of those travel cases with a head?
Please give your tips and tricks of how to keep my sheitel set as I won't have time to have it blow dried again before the wedding...

I find that the wig always comes out messed up if kept in a wig box. I’ve traveled while holding the wig on a head (no box) in my lap, to keep it perfect.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:21 pm
Air travel or car travel?

animeme

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:50 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
There's a way of stuffing the net with tissues and folding the hair in half over the face of the wig. You can neatly put it into a shoe box and you're good to go. Like that it's compact and doesn't have room to move all over. Unless it's really a way out style that'll get ruined. It works for most I think. maybe ask your wig stylist to do it for you.

I did this for a family wedding. I was flying, and had my sheitel macher pack it in the box for me. It does depend on the style, but the pinning and all the curls held.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels