Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Low maintenance cloth napkins

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:49 am
I'd like to start using cloth napkins on shabbos. White, stain resistant, no ironing necessary. Does it exist? What fabric is best? If you can link me to a specific product even better.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 12:09 pm
Williams Sonoma sells white cotton napkins by the dozen. We’ve been using them for years. It’s nice quality cotton and washes very well. Non chlorine bleach when needed for stains. If you take them out of dryer while slightly damp and fold usually iron is not needed to make them look nice. Otherwise, a quick iron presses them nicely.

teachkids

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 12:35 pm
I would suspect the ones from Bed Bath and Beyond that match the no iron stain resistant tablecloth would work, but I don't have experience with them

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:47 pm
I purchased these years ago. They're polyester, so they don't feel so great, but that's what makes them so easy to deal with and still new looking. You can probably find a bunch of similar ones on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:49 pm
I bought beautiful initial napkins from closeout connection. They go in my machine with my tablecloth after shabbos. I never ironed them.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:27 pm
I've bought my kids 12" square cotton dish towels to use in place of disposable napkins ... they are not as fancy as tablecloth napkins but they are quite easy to wash & soft on the face & hands + environmentally friendly

aliavi

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:48 am
For weekday flannel napkins wash well. Don’t bother to fold. I bought on Etsy.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 7:50 am
If you want something that is elegant and durable, get 100% linen. It's absorbent, releases stains in the wash easily, and if you iron them they look brand new, even years later.

I have some linens that are antiques (you can tell by the hand made lace trim). I have no idea how old they are, but they are OLD. They look amazing after all these years.

I'd give anything to find 100% linen sheets. If you let me know, I'd be super grateful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics