Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Simple1

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:24 pm
I hate when I share some facts about my life and people respond - "I could NEVER do that/live like that. " Um thanks, but maybe I wasn't as lucky as you. Some examples to explain: When I was newlywed and desperately looking for a job, a friendly neighbor asked me what I do and I said I'm home. And she said she could never stay home all day and do nothing, she'd go crazy.

And more recently, I was sharing with someone the compromises I had to settle to have a decent size house and she said (with a hint of disgust) that she would never want that.

Carmen Luna

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:28 pm
When I'm sitting at a cafe and all of a sudden my friend walks in with her friend (that I'm not acquainted with) and my friend comes over to me and I smile to her other friend to introduce myself.
I stead of asking me my name, the other woman turns to our mutual friend and asks her "Who's this? What's her name?"

Like helloooo??? I am right here. You can ask ME my name for G-ds sake!!

It happens way more than it should. Some people are just tactless.

madys

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:28 pm
When using the bathroom at someone's house and the bathroom isn't a guest bathroom, and the only towels in there are ones that were used for showers (SO GROSS)!! No hand towels!! I just use a ton of tissues

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:39 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Drivers who are so busy on their phones at a red light that they don't notice when the light turns green.

Yes! That’s become the norm! The other day I had ds in the car and said, “Why isn't the person in front of me moving? The light turned green 3 minutes ago?” Ds said, “they must be on the phone.” It’s sad when a kid even knows this!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:40 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I wish the women in my shul would spend more time davening and less time talking. They're missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime!

Yup and when you try to shush them they look at you like you’re the one who’s doing something wrong. Go outside to talk! Or don’t come to shul!

amother
Black

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 3:43 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Yes! That’s become the norm! The other day I had ds in the car and said, “Why isn't the person in front of me moving? The light turned green 3 minutes ago?” Ds said, “they must be on the phone.” It’s sad when a kid even knows this!

It's illegal in Israel. Should be in every country.

polka dots

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 5:05 pm
When a woman has a lone hair on her chin. Tweeze girl, tweeze!

Einikel

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 5:12 pm
When customers complain to the poor salesgirls or cashiers about slow service etc. Especially when the workers are doing the best they can. If you have complaints speak to the owner or manager.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 5:48 pm
It already IS illegal to hold a phone in the car here! But no one seems to care. And then when people beep to wake up the first person in the line so as not to lose the light often there are annoyed looks! Traffic has really gotten slower due to these delayed reactions at traffic lights.

singleagain

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:23 pm
Einikel wrote:
When customers complain to the poor salesgirls or cashiers about slow service etc. Especially when the workers are doing the best they can. If you have complaints speak to the owner or manager.

Please please... Also. If something doesn't ring up on sale DONT FLIP OUT AT THE CASHIER.

It's not their fault. It's mine. The office person who puts the items in the computer so it will ring at the register. And I'm human, I make mistakes. But don't take it out on the worker who is just doing a very specific task.

Today I worked the register for two hours and I kept apologizing for all my inexperience. I'm so grateful everyone was patient.

abaker

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 12:24 am
Crunching potato chip/pretzel bags. Take a plate or bowl and pour yourself a portion don't rustle the bag around everytime you reach in for more. Grrr.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:27 am
people who talk degradingly about African Americans.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:32 am
shmosmom wrote:
Hi All!
Starting this thread so we can share some pet peeves. I think it's helpful to know what people's pet peeves are, so others can beware of them.
Mine is when people don't say bless you after someone else sneezes. Doesn't matter who it is, it's no big deal to say bless you after someone sneezes.
Not a big deal if someone doesn't say it, but to me I'm always like "Why didn't they say bless you"
I also hate when people burp and don't say excuse me. I have one friend who refuses to, she says she won't excuse herself for a bodily function. My toddler knows to say excuse me, please and thank you. I expect adults to as well.

when people eat, sleep at your house and then start bad-mouthing the Yidden of our town.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:43 am
I really get annoyed when you're walking along the street, you know, headed somewhere, and then the person in front with the stroller (usually) just STOPS, dead stops in the middle of the street because something was SO IMPORTANT on their phone. So now they're completely entranced by it, even more than they were when they were slow-plodding staring at their phone, their kid in the stroller is just like hey, what happened, why'd we stop? And I'm like oh it's okay, I'll walk into the road so you can enjoy your meaningful loving relationship with whatever fb post just caught your attention so much that you didn't realize you were walking along the street and maybe other people also are walking along the street too. Thanks.

saboni

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 11:04 am
This is my favorite thread 😂

Ihatepotatoes

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 11:13 am
#1. People stopping at cross streets without stop signs when they have the right-of-way to be nice to someone - keep driving.

#2. This is specific to being in the hospital, but I absolutely DETEST being woken up tog et pain meds. If I'm finally sleeping, you'd better not wake me up

sequoia

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 4:42 pm
When people don’t use the subjunctive correctly. It’s “were,” not “was.”

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 4:47 pm
When people just can't find it in their hearts to give a complete compliment.

"It came out delicious! It might need a drop more sugar but it's heavenly!" "The dress looks great on you! I wouldn't wear it but you look great!"
Shut. Your. Face!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:38 pm
👏When👏people👏talk👏like👏this👏online.👏

TheNeutralOne

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:38 pm
People who spy you hustling your kids in public and make sure to remind you that “you sure have your hands full.”
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette