Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Did you fast YK when pregnant with twins?
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 4:13 pm
I think it all depends how far along you are. It's easier to fast when you're early because you wont go into labor for not eating for 24 hours . If you're further along then not drinking for so long can cause contractions. I think also if you're almost full term then theres no reason not to fast. What's the worst that will happen ? You'll go into labor? I dont think any dr ever says it's ok to fast . No dr will say it's ok to fast . When I was expecting twins on yk I was 5 months along and I fasted . I stayed in a cold air conditioned room all day and I stayed in bed. Towards the end of the fast I started feeling off so my rav told me to drink shiurim. I bh had my twins full term .

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:42 pm
I was in my ninth month and had gestational diabetes. Dr. said not to fast, so I didn't.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:12 pm
I was told to eat shiurim while preg with a singleton because I had preterm contractions , first I felt bad then I just pictured feeding it to the baby- you wouldn’t starve your baby would you? If it’s not ok for you to fast then you need to feed yourself to give them nourishment

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 8:35 am
Don't "wonder." ASK YOUR DR. If need be, put her on the phone with your rav so they can hash it out together.

IMHO, one consults a rav for spiritual advice and a doctor for medical advice. Your rav is not an obstetrician. Now if you happen to find an obstetrician who also has semicha, you're in clover.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:32 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I think it all depends how far along you are. It's easier to fast when you're early because you wont go into labor for not eating for 24 hours . If you're further along then not drinking for so long can cause contractions. I think also if you're almost full term then theres no reason not to fast. What's the worst that will happen ? You'll go into labor? I dont think any dr ever says it's ok to fast . No dr will say it's ok to fast . When I was expecting twins on yk I was 5 months along and I fasted . I stayed in a cold air conditioned room all day and I stayed in bed. Towards the end of the fast I started feeling off so my rav told me to drink shiurim. I bh had my twins full term .

Last year I was told that if I started feeling unwell I should eat/ drink in shiurim. I felt regular fast-yucky at the end. But I did nothing except sit on my mattress (in the living room) all day long. Was 32/33 or so weeks pregnant (IIRC).

This year I am still nursing, almost a year old, who eats solids but right now is sick and wants to nurse every 2 hours. I should probably ask a rav but I don't feel like it, I'm just going to fast and hope for the best.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:56 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I didn't fast while pregnant with twins, but I fasted while 6 months pregnant (with a singleton) and nursing an 8 month old...
I was totally fine, I have no clue how I did it. This year I'm 'only' nursing a 4 month old and freaking out about fasting.
May hashem give us all koach!!

Please no hate- serious question. Are you allowed to nurse while pregnant?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:57 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Please no hate- serious question. Are you allowed to nurse while pregnant?

Generally speaking, yes, as long as you aren't having contractions or bleeding.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more