Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Here we go again: Nachlas, Moreshes, Bnos Bracha etc..???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:16 pm
I have to apply for next year and I'm not from here, so I really don't know anything about girls' schools. We are a nice frum family (I would describe us as a frum typical Flatbush family). We are not yeshivish. My sheitels are not till the waist, but not super short either. I dress normal frum Bais Yaakov style with pantyhose for short skirts etc.. I do have a smart phone, but most devices we have are filtered. I really rely on watsap for many things. My husband wears colored shirts, but davens and learns before and after work.

We want a school with similar hashkafos, that are not super focused on the chitzonis, rather middos, academics, love of torah and mitzvos. That being said, we are school rule followers and we will abide by whatever the rules area. We also understand that there is an obvious need for certain basic rules.

Any tips? Many people I recently met told me about Nachlas and some also of Moreshes. But, read some threads here about Nachlas and now I don't know. My husband never did Kollel, and wears colored shirts (although, he might be frummer than some who have).

Sebastian

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:18 pm
Not bnos bracha.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:21 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Not bnos bracha.
\

Can I ask why not? A very close family member sends there and she is mostly happy.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
\

Can I ask why not? A very close family member sends there and she is mostly happy.

I heard the younger grades and becoming very chassidish.

giselle

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:28 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Not bnos bracha.

That’s funny, of all three I thought Bnos Bracha sounded like the best fit. I don’t know if fathers wear colored shirts in the other schools.

amotherof3

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:31 pm
I think Bnos Bracha sounds like a great fit! It’s not chasidish in the least. It’s just regular frum Smile

Emotional

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:54 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I heard the younger grades and becoming very chassidish.

You are referring to Bnos Penina, not Bnos Bracha

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:55 pm
Bnos bracha sounds like the best fit. Nachlas is known for being particular about the fathers only wearing white

keym

Post Tue, Sep 10 2019, 10:57 pm
Bnos Bracha, I would think would be a very good option.
Look into Meoros BY.
Bnos Esther Malka, maybe.
Tehillas Chaya Sara is a very good school.

Someone gave me great advice. To check out the schools by dismissal or drop off. You may see parents, get a feel.
Hatzlocha.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 12:24 am
Which of these schools goes up to 8th grade besides bnos bracha?

giselle

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 6:47 am
keym wrote:
Bnos Bracha, I would think would be a very good option.
Look into Meoros BY.
Bnos Esther Malka, maybe.
Tehillas Chaya Sara is a very good school.

Someone gave me great advice. To check out the schools by dismissal or drop off. You may see parents, get a feel.
Hatzlocha.

Meoros is also white shirt I believe. Not sure about Bnos Esther Malka.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:01 am
My DH wears colored shirts and we sound very similar to you.
Almost like we should be white shirt family but DH wears colored shirts. I sometimes feel we are more yeshivish then those who wear white.

I didn’t find colored shirts were such an issue in getting into schools. (We didn’t get in at first anywhere but I don’t think it was that) We needed up sending to a very yeshivish Bais Yaakov and it’s fine. (Boys are in a more with it schools).

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 7:32 am
You sound very similar to us and we are thrilled in Bnos bracha. Nachlas didn’t accept us because of the colored shirts and the third school we applied to didn’t even grant us an interview.
I knew since before marriage that if I ever had girls, I wanted to send to Bnos bracha. (Lkwd girl, relatives in school)
We are so so happy there. Feel free to ask questions if you want to know more.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 8:09 am
I'm a therapist, I end up seeing the nitty-gritty insides of many schools.

I'm joining the chorus reccomending Bnos Bracha. The school attitude is very healthy and wholesome.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:25 am
I was just talking to an older friend of mine yesterday, and she was telling me that her grandchildren not getting into a different school that they had desperately wanted was the best thing that ever happened to them. They are thriving in Bnos Bracha. The oldest one is in 6th grade already, so they have been there for some time.

So I would chime in and say, OP, it sounds like a great choice for you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:27 am
Thanks all! You don’t recommend any other school? The family member that sends there is not super happy with the academics.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 12:59 am
In all honesty the schools can mix and match parent body and girls... Just depends on where you can get into. Meoros and bnos Esther malka are the most Brooklyn type crowd. Nachas I would say is a tad more right wing, tehilas chaya Sara is a bit more left wing (none are left wing.. Just slightly more) bnos bracha is a mix but academics is known to be below par.. So if that's an issue make sure your OK with it b4 hand. Good luck! School system is tons of fun here. But rule of thumb.. Apply where you can actually get in and don't rely on miracles. Also... Don't kid yourself of where you belong. Everyone here pushes for things they can't even keep up with.

apples1

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 5:53 pm
Bnos Bracha is a great school, I know people who send there. The big part that people don’t like is the low level academics. But since they now have their own high school, people are not nervous about their daughters going to high school afterwards and feeling lost.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 7:41 pm
So I ended up applying to nachlas and bnos Brocha. The same day we got the acceptance of bnos Brocha, we got a letter that we didn’t even get an interview with nachlas because it was so full. I guess our decision is made for us. I’m still a bit nervous about the academics, but I see Hashem is pushing us there so I will trust He knows what He is doing

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:04 pm
Welcome! It’s an amazing school! We are super super thrilled there Smile I haven’t found academics to be an issue yet. Do you know another school where the primary girls learn the 50 states and capitals and all the organs of the body and what they do? The way I like to describe it is that the girls learn a ton without even realizing that they are learning. Everything is with songs, hands on etc. my first grade daughter just learned about the election process. They had elections in their classroom. Chocolate chip cookies vs. black and white. The teachers explained the process through that. A small example of how they learn in Bnos Brocha
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries