Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Busing kids from Five Towns to Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 11:33 am
Does anyone bus/ carpool kids in elementary/ preschool from Five Towns to Brooklyn for school? Can you tell me how they get there, and how the kids handle it?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 12:29 pm
I know people who've done it older elementary the other direction, but all in the name of a much better education. For a younger child, I don't know why it would be worth it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 12:32 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I know people who've done it older elementary the other direction, but all in the name of a much better education. For a younger child, I don't know why it would be worth it.

Because the BY options here are slim and if you aren't happy for whatever reason you really don't have options. There are many valid reasons but that's not the point of this post.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 12:40 pm
There are a lot of Chabad families that send kids to crown heights from five towns.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 12:46 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
There are a lot of Chabad families that send kids to crown heights from five towns.

Do you know how they transport them?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:14 pm
I know there are people who bus from 5t to bais Yaakov Queens if that interests you

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:22 pm
I had friends and now kids friends and kids doing the commute, its not bad but annoying sometimes, end up sleeping over more often and last minute sometimes, missing a ride .... I just was saying I thinks its a lot for a young child. When they're older its more worth it to have them in the place you want. Not meant to judge, if I came across that way, just meant if the reason is strong enough it becomes more worth it. But I cant think of a reason strong enough for preschool. Period. It would just be a LOT on you and the kid for what? Its preschool. They need friends in the neighborhood regardless.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:23 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I know there are people who bus from 5t to bais Yaakov Queens if that interests you

We can look into that option

amother
Red

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 2:10 pm
I live in the 5 Towns and I know people who send to Queens but not to Brooklyn. I have a preschooler myself and I can't imagine her being on a bus for so long. Her school is 10 minutes away by car but obviously it takes longer on a bus. Even though she goes to the bathroom before she gets on the bus she's always running straight to the bathroom when she gets off and sometimes it's really hard for her to make it that far. Little kids have tiny bladders and a long bus ride or even a carpool ride is very hard for them.

Have you looked into schools in Far Rockaway?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I live in the 5 Towns and I know people who send to Queens but not to Brooklyn. I have a preschooler myself and I can't imagine her being on a bus for so long. Her school is 10 minutes away by car but obviously it takes longer on a bus. Even though she goes to the bathroom before she gets on the bus she's always running straight to the bathroom when she gets off and sometimes it's really hard for her to make it that far. Little kids have tiny bladders and a long bus ride or even a carpool ride is very hard for them.

Have you looked into schools in Far Rockaway?

Yes it's far rockaway schools we are unhappy with

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 4:12 pm
It depends where the school is in Brooklyn, I believe that the school needs to be within 15 miles of your home in order to get bussing from the local school districts. This is only if u live in one of the 5towns if you live in far Rockaway there is no bussing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries