Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
About not eating foods made with meat equipment with dairy.

Ima4therecord

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 3:11 pm
I understand the importance of being Machmire about certain things especially inr egards to kashrut but I was wondering if anyone knew the halacha with this...

If I make parve soy beans in a meat pot.. Why is it an issue (I guess scientifically?) to eat the soybeans with something cold dairy (like cheese). I ybderstand with something hot I guess heat transfers could be an issue but why not cold (assuming both items are cold)

Also on a seperate note, has anyone heard from a Rav you can be lenient with this for children? It's been happening a lot that my daughter is eating dairy and we are eating meat and there is something that's parve meat equipment.. And she wants it with her food...

Thanks

sub

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 3:16 pm
The best would be to have a couple of pareve pots and utensils. Vegetables and soups can be cooked pareve and used for any meal. Makes life easier.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:16 pm
My husband has semicha and is trained well in this area. Yes you can eat cold dairy with pareve soup made in a meat pot. Better if the pot is eino ben yomo.
You can also always ask your LOR if you're occasionally uncertain

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:18 pm
Ima4therecord wrote:
I understand the importance of being Machmire about certain things especially inr egards to kashrut but I was wondering if anyone knew the halacha with this...

If I make parve soy beans in a meat pot.. Why is it an issue (I guess scientifically?) to eat the soybeans with something cold dairy (like cheese). I ybderstand with something hot I guess heat transfers could be an issue but why not cold (assuming both items are cold)

Also on a seperate note, has anyone heard from a Rav you can be lenient with this for children? It's been happening a lot that my daughter is eating dairy and we are eating meat and there is something that's parve meat equipment.. And she wants it with her food...

Thanks

When was the last time it was used for meat? Also the fact that you’re boiling it in water. Ask your LOR.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:19 pm
Also was the pot clean? Also it’s not scientifically it’s halachically.

Teomima

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 6:33 pm
I don't get why more people don't use parve pots and pans. I grew up in a house with three sets and I have that as well. In fact, I have more parve equipment than dairy and fleishig combined. Everything that does not specifically have dairy or meat in it, I cook parve. It eliminates all these questions and confusion.

Ima4therecord

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 9:01 pm
So about using parve pans... Is cccidrntally made all my pots meat lol so keep pushing off too buy a new parve pot...

bsy

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 10:02 pm
When I make pasta in a meat pot (not ben yomo), I can use leftovers for dairy as long as it wasnt intentionally made in a meat pot to be used with dairy.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 10:02 pm
Ima4therecord wrote:
So about using parve pans... Is cccidrntally made all my pots meat lol so keep pushing off too buy a new parve pot...

I have three sinks. Originally one was pareve. But we messed up all our pareve stuff into meat and there went pareve. Too. Complicated. for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen