Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Tips for serious caffeine withdrawal & fasting

Imi8

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:03 am
I am literally panicking. I am very addicted to coffee & suffer alot on fast days.

Can anyone please share tips.

Also my doctor said I could take Stilpane without water on an empty stomach. I am nervous to do this. Has anyone got any advice please?

TIA & Shana Tovah!

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:04 am
Ask your rav about taking Excedrin for migraines without water. It really helps.

ETA is has caffeine in it, plus Tylenol and aspirin. I take it in the morning and don't wait to start feeling miserable. Much more effective that way.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:05 am
Can you buy a caffeine suppository?

Imi8

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:07 am
Thank you for that. How often do you take it and is it safe on an empty stomach?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:11 am
Imi8 wrote:
Thank you for that. How often do you take it and is it safe on an empty stomach?

If you're referring to the Excedrin, I take it once in the morning and I'm fine. Never had an issue because of empty stomach but I also never consulted a medical professional. It's a one time thing, so....

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:13 am
Time release caffeine pill along with time release advil has been game changers for me (Toronto kollel sells them, they're sold in some stores in lakewood and im sure other places as well)

sky

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:15 am
Caffeine suppository is a life saver for me.
In the morning it gives me the caffeine.
In afternoon take it again for real pick me up feeling.

You can also get with Tylenol. My rav said to only take that if you really think you’ll need the Tylenol

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:18 am
If you take pills dry on fast days, then NoDoz caplets work well. Each caplet contains 200 mg caffeine. I break them in half — 200 mg of caffeine without food is a lot. I bought them on Amazon.

polka dots

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:30 am
Tylenol caffeine suppositories saves the day

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 6:39 am
Klein’s in Boro Park sells 1/2 caffeine 1/2 Tylenol suppositories. Use it in the morning before you get a headache. Works very well. Some other places sell too.

Mollie

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 9:41 am
Reminds me of a joke, a man walks in to a pharmacy erev yk and orders 200 caffeine suppositories. The pharmacist looks at him strangely and asks “what is all this for?”

The man replies, “I am making a Kiddush tomorrow” Smile

s c

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 9:41 am
I also have serious caffeine withdrawal, am addicted to strong coffee so for the past few years as soon as rush hashono is done I wont have a single thing with caffeine. The withdrawal is bad with pounding headaches for a week but I'm not fasting so I take strong painkillers and it's ok. By the time its yom Kippur I'm done with withdrawal symptoms and usually fast ok. It works for me. I always tell myself I'm done with coffee but them as soon as its motzei. I'm back on the coffee!

Librarian

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 10:52 am
Caffeine suppositories save my life! Not addicted to caffeine at all but they keep my blood pressure up despite fasting. I feel so much better - less cold, no nausea. Just make sure not to use them too late in the afternoon or you will never be able to sleep post fast!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 10:54 am
Mollie wrote:
Reminds me of a joke, a man walks in to a pharmacy erev yk and orders 200 caffeine suppositories. The pharmacist looks at him strangely and asks “what is all this for?”

The man replies, “I am making a Kiddush tomorrow” Smile

I don't get it. TMI

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 7:04 pm
I use exceedingly suppositories
But you should also start cutting down on your coffee ASAP do half decaf starting tomorrow and if you get a headache this week you can just take exception

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 7:11 pm
Gatorade-equivalent starring 48h before the fast, and tylenol-caffeine suppositories. Ask your local pharmacists. Three different pharmacists prepare and sell these in advance of YK (and other fast days).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur